Does block-based WordPress theme allow ThemeForest?

If the ThemeForest has WordPress block-based theme approvals. So, what are the requirements for block-based WordPress theme approval in ThemeForest Marketplace?

From ThemeForest WordPress Theme Approval Requirements, I did not find any articles for approving block-based WordPress themes in ThemeForest.

Block-based theme should be Gutenberg optimized theme? Right?

Check this:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
But the page only mentions Gutenberg theme optimized and block plugins which are mainly applicable to classic themes.
But there are no details about the block-based theme and this page was updated a year ago.
By block-based theme, I mean the type of twenty-twenty-two latest default WordPress theme.

Making a Gutenberg theme is a waste of your time :slight_smile: Cheers

1 Like

They cannot deny the future, following…

1 Like

I am sure you can upload a block-based theme. I guess it is such a novelty thing so there is no info about it in the Help Center, but don’t be discouraged by it. If you like the idea of developing a block-based theme, go for it.

1 Like

:pleading_face: :disappointed_relieved:

Yes, but WP was never about that, so “trying to keep up” is just pointless. A new CMS will solve that part… But WP should be WP.

1 Like

But I’ve already encountered a number of issues that conflict with the existing requirements. Such as child theme, live preview with the customizer, JavaScript file handling, and so on.
For this reason, I think that needed another guideline for block-based WordPress themes.

Here’s a pro tip… Get Automattic (the WordPress Company) _ (Underscores) theme and go from there. You can’t not win. It’s in repo, it’s up to standards. hh Cheers!

1 Like