Do you use CSS prefixes such as -ms-, -webkit-, -moz-, etc?

Hi guys. Do you use CSS prefixes such as -ms-, -webkit-, -moz-, etc? All modern browsers already works without these prefixes. Do we really need care about people who use obsolete browsers?

All modern browsers already works without these prefixes

Partially wrong. Most of webkit properties still need the prefix, while transforms need the -ms prefix for IE9, etc…

Prefixes should be used if they are used by browsers, and currently, there are many prefixes still in use. Obviously you won’t use a prefix for border-radius or something which is already supported, but to not use a prefix for a browser which needs it, would mean to not support that browser actually.

I suggest to check with caniuse.com and see if you need to use it or not.

Currently prefixes you should use for compatibility are

-ms-
-webkit-

Firefox in almost any case is ok with “prefix free”. Anyway as already suggested, always check them to br sure.

Personally I code everything to be compatible with IE8 since there are still a lot of customers checking it. Obviously don't try to simulate complex effects on it, but just check that everything is displayed properly

Thanks for explanations, guys. :slight_smile:

Short answer, YES.

Arg: I use Less and with it I use LessHat, that let’s me write clear code without to worry about prefixes. https://github.com/madebysource/lesshat