Do you have to have a HTML description?

I am new and I don’t really understand what “HTML description” is. I don’t have another site/address with music to send people to. Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

It just means you have the option of using HTML to format your description, if you choose. Helpful if you want to include more than just text, like if you need to add a table, list, etc… or if you want to alter the appearance of certain headings, words, or paragraphs.

There’s a lot you can do with HTML or other markup languages, but it’s completely optional.

Thank you. That helps. So would it be redundant to write the same words in in “Tags” as in “HTML description”? I ask because you mentioned lists and I could list words that describe the sound.

Personally yeah I feel like it’s redundant. Nothing stopping you from doing it, but at the end of the day I feel like while the description can include some of the same words that you use in your tags (you are describing the song after all), it shouldn’t just be a copy of the list of tags.

I’m new to this site as well but I believe that tags are most important when it comes to matching your track with the terms that users search for.

This resource goes into more detail on the differences between description and tags:

Guidelines for Excellent Titles, Descriptions and Tags

1 Like

Fantastic! Thanks! I will read it later, I have to step away from the computer now🙂

That gave me the info I needed. Thank you for your time and patience :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like