Do we need to buy PSD extended license in collboration?

wordpress

I’ve read it a couple of times but just want to confirm. If I want to collaborate with some PSD author here on TF, to convert his PSD design to WordPress, do I really need to buy PSD extended license too? If so what’s the logic behind?

UPDATE:

I just received reply from Envato, here is there statement:

An Extended License purchase is required, alongside the permission of the Author behind the PSD/HTML template you wish to use. If you have an Extended License and their permission, you can develop and then upload the final product to Envato Market.

No, you don’t have to buy a license.

Well this is rather confusing. I just found a Envato ticket in my mail archives regarding copyright issues. There was a statement from Envato support team:

Before submitting an item, the original author needs to contact us notifying us of the partnership. He must state the partner authors username, email and the item that is being converted and into what. The author submitting the new version must first purchase the Extended License of the item in order to sell it in a new incarnation. The new file may only be sold on Envato marketplaces.

I’m not sure if it’s a mistake or Envato part or it really is a policy but I don’t understand the logic behind.

Many people also owns multiple accounts here. So they have the right to convert their own items without purchasing Extended license?
Is it necessary to inform upfront?

I think just create a ticket and tell Envato that you guys have a partnership. I think there is no problem with it.

No, as per the above stated envato statement, It is required to buy extended PSD license in addition to opening the ticket. I’m opening a new ticket to ask for clarification.

I just received reply from Envato, here is there statement:

An Extended License purchase is required, alongside the permission of the Author behind the PSD/HTML template you wish to use. If you have an Extended License and their permission, you can develop and then upload the final product to Envato Market.

I wonder how many authors doing collaborations are aware of this rule.

All you need to do is, ask the PSD owner to send a support mail to Envato letting them know that you two are partners. They will note both the accounts and later you can submit your developed item.

An Extended License purchase is required in addition to partnership agreement, as per Envato statement.

Well, it turns out that Envato support officer had some confusion about which type of partnership I was talking about. I’m posting their clarification for anyone who is reading this thread:

When I said alongside, I meant two lanes to choose from. You can choose to purchase an Extended License and request the Authors permission. Or you can come to a private agreement, with the terms to be decided off-market. Usually a percent of any sale revenue.

Long story short; PSD or HTML extended license is NOT required if you want to convert that template to any CMS theme with author’s permission.

Hi, do I can buy extended 404 page on graphicriver?