Do These Files Work With Camtasia

Hi all,

Does anyone know if videohive files work with Camtasia coz Im struggling with After Effects.

Cheers
Neil

Which videohive file?

There are 4 categories here:

For after effects project files you need after effects.

For cinema 4d templates you need cinema 4d and after effects.

For motion graphics and stock footages, you need any video edit software which can import quicktime mov files.

Camtasia since version 6.0.0 can import mov if you have installed quicktime. - I found that info here.

Hi I also have the same question. I just uploaded Camtasia and purchased a front end bumper intro video file Epic Smoke Reveal CS4 but it’s a .aep extension which probably means its from Adobe. What files should I look for when purchasing video in order to get Camtasia to work with it?

Hi Wade,

You should be looking at motion graphics and stock footage files. These are essentially video files, so will work in an editing package like Camtasia.

aep files are After Effects project files and require Adobe After Effects to open them. Once you render the file, it’s video and you can import it into Camtasia. But you need After Effects to render it.

You can actually download a 30 day demo of After Effects from Adobe if you want to use the .aep file that you have purchased.

dorde said

Which videohive file?

There are 4 categories here:

For after effects project files you need after effects.

For cinema 4d templates you need cinema 4d and after effects.

For motion graphics and stock footages, you need any video edit software which can import quicktime mov files.

Camtasia since version 6.0.0 can import mov if you have installed quicktime. - I found that info here.

Glossary:

Quicktime is pretty much the format of choice for professional video post-production. It’s from Apple, but it’s free and works on Mac and PC.

Still, using Camtasia as a video editor is weird. But yeah, Motion Graphics is the place to go.

felt_tips said

Hi Wade,

You should be looking at motion graphics and stock footage files. These are essentially video files, so will work in an editing package like Camtasia.

Thanks so much. That really helps. I just bought that and now I can’t edit it! lol…lesson learned

wade32 said
felt_tips said

Hi Wade,

Thanks so much. That really helps. I just bought that and now I can’t edit it! lol…lesson learned

No worries…

Try the free 30-day trial. You can use this to edit the Ae file you bought.

http://www.adobe.com/products/aftereffects.html