DMCA notice for Fiverr

Hi guys. Can someone share their DMCA that you send to Fiverr?
I just found few of my projects there. I sent a complaint to support, and thei replied I need to present some weird info:

1. A description of what is protected under the copyrights that you are claiming
  2. Your copyrights certificate/designation and the type, e.g., registered trade mark, registered copyrights, etc.
  3. A proof of your copyrights ownership
  4. A short description of how the subscribers allegedly infringe on your copyrights
  5. Your complete name, address, and contact information.

I am not sure what that is. Maybe someone has a "template| for that that you can share? Thank you.
1 Like

Check yo inbox bro.

http://www.giyf.com/

https://www.google.com/search?q=dmca+template&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks uniquefx. Appreciate your help.

graphic4444 - very funny, xaxaxa.

I had an e-mail exchange with them few days ago. I reported one of my projects and they removed it instantly with no DMCA. That was a surprise knowing that around christmas time they sent out an official newsletter promoting several gigs and there were some illegal ones amongst them.

So I thought they have started to behave and actually care about copyrights finally. I spent some time searching for keywords related to my projects and came up with a list of ~40 gigs that I asked them to remove. And I got the same list of questions RenderTom is referring to. Didn’t and a time to fill a proper DMCA, but will do that next week.

I know we’re just authors with “short” hands, but can’t Envato simply sue the whole thing for few millions to make them start care about gigs they accept?

Not quite on topic but something i remembered on the subject and just felt like sharing …
One of my files has been pirated so much that i received comments and emails on other social media outlets that i was pirating files and uploading them to videohive… i mean, i don’t know if i should take it as a compliment or what… I seriously just don’t care anymore…

Guys, unfortunately besides the hosting services, many Videohive items are distributed in the form of torrents. Has anyone of you dealt with how to send Dmca takedown notices for torrents?

steve314 said

Guys, unfortunately besides the hosting services, many Videohive items are distributed in the form of torrents. Has anyone of you dealt with how to send Dmca takedown notices for torrents?

I'm pretty sure you won't achieve anything by sending DMCA takedown notices for torrents ; at least with ThePirateBay .
In case you never saw TPB AFK (The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard) , here is a link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOKXCEwo_8
In this movie you'll see how they respond to takedown notices :D
steve314 said

I’m pretty sure you won’t achieve anything by sending DMCA takedown notices for torrents ; at least with ThePirateBay . In case you never saw TPB AFK (The Pirate Bay Away From Keyboard) , here is a link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOKXCEwo_8 In this movie you’ll see how they respond to takedown notices :D

Yea that is basically a no go…

It so sad to see, that items which are sold at such a low price on this website are still getting pirated. I can imagine that when you can afford an internet connection every single month, you can also provide for at least one VideoHive item right?

Envato even provides a Free File every month and they still need more. I’m browsing through Fiverr as we speak, and I’m already recognizing some VH templates from some of our top authors. I’ll be contacting the correct authors regarding these templates.

Some minutes later… Seriously, if you take 15 minutes and browse through the Animation & 3D Category on Fiverr, it is amazing what you will find. Is Fiverr a registered premium reseller for VideoHive or what?

can you change the topic title please :slight_smile: because I got fever when i hear about it :slight_smile:

Yeap, fiverr is full of stolen materials.
I wish Envato did something about it.

1 Like

If I understand well they require a lot of info to make your life quite difficult when requesting to delete an illegally shared product :frowning:

@rendertom: a little off topic, I was watching a video on youtube and beside there was a google ad from videohive with your cube logo reveal! :wink:

Hey Guys,

I’m not an active seller here, but I actually make a living on fiverr. I have created several ae templates and turned them into short and sweet intros and they sell pretty well over there.

I never posted them here, because I’m terrified by the competition.

Anyway, to the point:
sellers on fiverr that rip off videohive templates, hurt my sales (not to mention I find that immoral and it is illegal) and I find myself sending emails to envato support so they can send DMCA notices to fiverr.

Last time I sent over 30 gigs ripping off several VH templates, and envato staff said they would send a take down notice but sadly it’s been well over a month and those guys are still selling your stuff.

Anyway, I don’t think that fiverr responds to DMCA notices anymore. Or it takes a reeeaaally long time?

They make money from anyone who makes a sale over there so they don’t really care now do they?
I’ve contacted them several times mentioning that my videos are original creations that I only intend to sell there, but they don’t seem to want to add any value to their content.

I thought about posting my creations here, but I’m going to see someone selling it for $5 pretty soon, so what’s the point?

:frowning:

…that’s that

vejitto said

Hey Guys,

I’m not an active seller here, but I actually make a living on fiverr. I have created several ae templates and turned them into short and sweet intros and they sell pretty well over there.

I never posted them here, because I’m terrified by the competition.

Anyway, to the point:
sellers on fiverr that rip off videohive templates, hurt my sales (not to mention I find that immoral and it is illegal) and I find myself sending emails to envato support so they can send DMCA notices to fiverr.

Last time I sent over 30 gigs ripping off several VH templates, and envato staff said they would send a take down notice but sadly it’s been well over a month and those guys are still selling your stuff.

Anyway, I don’t think that fiverr responds to DMCA notices anymore. Or it takes a reeeaaally long time?

They make money from anyone who makes a sale over there so they don’t really care now do they?
I’ve contacted them several times mentioning that my videos are original creations that I only intend to sell there, but they don’t seem to want to add any value to their content.

I thought about posting my creations here, but I’m going to see someone selling it for $5 pretty soon, so what’s the point?

:frowning:

3dbacks said

…that’s that

Yeah he summed it up pretty well there…

Hey - I’m in the same boat as rendertom and need some help removing my projects from Fiverr.

Any help you could lend me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

Guys… guys… wait :slight_smile: you all missed something there. Envato can’t sue fiverr and actualy fiverr could ignore your reports, and envato can do nothing about it. WHY?

Because no one sells the ae project in the gig, they all sell just exported video file for $5… in which case they maybe purchased the template in the VH for $20 and then customized it and then sold the video to fiverr client for $5… :smiley: you see what I mean ? :slight_smile: The legal part of this crap is messed up… neither envato neither fiverr can do anything about it. Fiverr just removes the projects because of human kindness :slight_smile:

think about it.

Each time I had sent a DMCA to fiverr they helped me very fast.

Min. in one day max. in four days.

But every time my projects service got deleted from the site.

So sending a correct DMCA notice will do the job.

Well guys, actually we have good news:

Fiverr has changed the way they deal with this issue.

They now take down violations within hours.

They even have a dedicated form for copyright violation in their CS page, and they even started twitting about how users should report copyright violations!

Cyzer you are sort of wrong here, because on Fiverr’s ToS it clearly states: “We wish to remind that Fiverr.com’s content is based on User Generated Content (UGC). Fiverr does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of copyrights, trademarks or other rights. We invite everyone to report suspected violations together with proof of ownership. Reported violating content will be removed.”

vejitto said

Well guys, actually we have good news:

Fiverr has changed the way they deal with this issue.

They now take down violations within hours.

They even have a dedicated form for copyright violation in their CS page, and they even started twitting about how users should report copyright violations!

Cyzer you are sort of wrong here, because on Fiverr’s ToS it clearly states: “We wish to remind that Fiverr.com’s content is based on User Generated Content (UGC). Fiverr does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of copyrights, trademarks or other rights. We invite everyone to report suspected violations together with proof of ownership. Reported violating content will be removed.”

I hope i am :slight_smile: great to hear that they actually care. This rule makes it all different. Didnt know that all cobtent has to be cteated by user.