different kind of hard rejections?

Hi guys!

I was wondering how to interpret reviewer’s hard rejections. Though the Envato message is always the same (“Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “xxx” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again”), lately I had some different comments from the reviewer.

At the begin I always had this kind of comment which I think is the most standard kind of hard rejection:

• This item does not meet the general commercial quality standard required to be accepted on AudioJungle, unfortunately.

Thank you for taking the time to submit content to AudioJungle.

In a couple of chances though reviewer’s comment was:

• Thank you very much for your submission. After much consideration it has been decided that this item does not meet the general commercial quality standard required to be accepted on AudioJungle, unfortunately.

I thought this meant that the track was sent out for a second review, though in another occasion I saw that my track was “held for further review” and at the end I had the following message:

• Thanks for your patience whilst your item was held for evaluation by the team.

After some consideration, it was determined that this item does not meet the general commercial quality standard required to be accepted on AudioJungle, unfortunately.

To understand commercial stock composition, arrangement and production better, please read the following article http://enva.to/6D-sd

So, while they already provide explanation for items held for further review, I was wondering if the second type of comment has some different meaning. In a positive perspective, I’m interpreting it something like “The track is quite good but you still need some improvement, try to resubmit” but maybe it’s just me seeing the glass half full! :slight_smile: