Did I need to buy [Music Broadcast & Film] licence to use music for Theatre Ads

Originally we bought some of your music for Youtube Ads but our customer want to use it on theatre ads too.

Did we need to use [Music Broadcast & Film] or [ Music Broadcast] is enough?


This very question has been raised a couple times this week (here for instance). Unfortunately, there is no definite answer to be found on the forums. You will want to ask support for confirmation.

I’ve just received the answer from staff. They say the only license allowing to theatrically screen media is broadcast & film. No matter if it’s film or commercial.

1 Like