Did envato provide "buy out license"?

As i read from the license details, one of the extended license do state the statement below:

“You can’t use the Item in any application allowing an end user to customise a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application. You can use the Item in this way only if you purchase a separate license for each final product incorporating the Item that is created using the application.”

How do we purchase a separate license for each final product if we planning to use in digital purpose?

Just purchase another copy the same way as you buy the first one - this will generate a different license code

Hello, which mean if my product need to be play on “on demand”, “made to order” and “build it yourself”, i need to purchase another 3 extended license right?

If we buy the license for each final product it’s this counted as buy out?

I don’t think you would need an extended license, just a standard one, you’re providing a custom item to the buyer so a general license would be needed unless they want to license that product as part of another

1 Like

@Gareth_Gillman is right a regular license is probably enough

Just bear in mind a “buy out” license to prevent anyone else buying the same item doesn’t exist

Hi Gareth, thanks for sharing your opinion. Actually my buyer is TV station, besides broadcast the product in TV channel, they also broadcast the product in foreign country, and they do provide “on demand” package for the TV channel subscriber. So under this condition, my product where i sell to the TV station (buyer), they will sell the product to their subscriber (they will need to pay for subscription).

My buyer do asking for the “buy out” license, so it’s quite confuse to me. Hope you guys can sharing some suggestion for this situation. Thanks!!

your best bet is to ask via support, they will give you a definite answer but as Charlie said, Envato do not provide “buy out” licenses as they don’t own the items. If you want to own an item in it’s entirety you would have to contact the author and strike a deal privately so they remove it from sale on the markets.

Ya i am thinking the same. Already send the question to the support team. Thanks ya.

FYI previous buyers will still be able to use the item

Yes, you can’t remove that right but you can stop future purchases.

2 Likes