Demo Data will not load for template

I purchased Erange template, and demo data will not load—I get this message when I execute ‘Import Demo Data’:

The XML file containing the dummy content is not available or could not be read … You might want to try to set the file permission to chmod 755.
*If this doesn’t work please use the Wordpress importer and import the XML file (should be located in your documentation.zip: Extras Folder) manually *

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

I did address the chmod 755 issue with the host. When I try manual import through Importer, there is no XML file in the theme folder, and importing the .zip file doesn’t work. I get this error:

Sorry, there has been an error.
This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number

The template is useless to me without the demo data, the site is too plain without it. The author won’t respond to my plea. Any solutions?

Hi,

You can contact with your purchase item author @template_path

hope they will help you out from your issue.

Thanks!

The author is not responding. I saw a post on here that was maybe taken down, that this is not a WordPress template. It’s sold as one, I followed their instructions to download the demo data. I’m really at my wits end.

Hi,

Open a Envato Help Ticket and share details about your issue with envato support team hope they will help you.

Thanks!

After 4-5 days of my emailing them, Envato finally opened a ticket. Hopefully they can help. Thanks for responding.

1 Like