Dear Envato and fellow authors, this is serious. (Default item order)

And who said anything about prices?

For three years on Envato, I have never had such a small amount of sales. If this search algorithm remains, which works now, then writing new tracks will lose its meaning. My new tracks do not buy, because the buyer can not find them.

2 Likes

Almost dry here, also never faced this kind of low sale on my envato life!!

1 Like

This is the worst week for the last few years.

1 Like

Dear Envato,
many days past after category problems happen and there is no changes. Graphicriver is the only way to earn money for me and the current situation is very sad. I understand, this is great to improve your market and realize new ideas on it. And I believe that you want to make better. But please, make it without any affect for author sales. Maybe you try your ideas on test website of GR before introducing it on the working one or something else.

I have new works waiting for upload, but I fear to do it because of current problems with default category. Can you tell any news about how long it will be? Thank you!

2 Likes

If the plan should be to keep it like this, a partial solution could be a small overlay appearing at each login showing a motion of the mouse cursor going to “Sort by” and moving to “Newest Items” as soon as the customer enters into the category. This overlay could have a little title saying something like “Browse our newest tracks” for AudioJungle for example, would show the motion in a looping fashion and would have to be easy to click away - like click anywhere on screen sort of program, to make it smooth and quick for the customer.
All mobile friendly of course.

This could satisfy Envato, as they are going to display the Best Sellers, and make normal sellers happy (?) too, as they are gonna get the chance to get a direct spotlight, maybe even more than before since you invite the client to take action.

Thoughts?

1 Like

If you haven’t seen it we had some more info about it. Thanks for info Trent! :slight_smile:

today is 3rd of april and since december last year they still testing.

My sales are incredibly low and I also do not have the courage to work more on tracks
because search order on all music is now “Trending items”, and it’s been like this for like the past 4-5 weeks I suppose,
which basically show ONLY MUSIC with STARS, which is hard to get, and also music with more than 25 sales or so,
in that zone.

What’s the chance for a really good new item to be bought, if search is by default on OLDER items that SOLD GOOD.

???

ENVATO ???

help ??

3 Likes

I think this issue will be solved by the team of Envato.

Dear envato team! Please change the search method to default!

4 Likes

Your last sale was $19 5 days ago. It’s not a “fun fact” anymore :joy:

“Your last sale was 8 days ago.” - I usually have 1-2 sales per day for the last couple of months… Bad days happen, but that was 2-3 day period max., not over a week… :confused:

I just got 2 sales, right after I wrote this… Black magic! :stuck_out_tongue:

zero sales :frowning:

I spent a lot of time preparing my last job. It’s no secret that up to 70% of the profits new authors receive from a new job in the first days while it is at the top. Further sales are getting smaller. You kill our income and all the desire to continue to develop your site.

3 Likes

yeaaaaaah, its back !!!

Thank you Envanto, I am very confident that you’ll favor of the author
Hopefully the data you get yesterday can increase the performance of you guys

4 Likes

it seems that “new items” search is back. I hope they had enough time to gather data
on sales and finished their testing.

2 Likes

I really doubt that it’s over. Or if it is, it got a lot worse again.
This month is crappier then ever so far:

I’m a huge fan of improvements as long as I don’t have to suffer from them.

2 Likes

Here’s my sale graph. Nice sudden downward plunge.

EDIT: Added years to better illustrate the matter.

Though I am concerned about recent events, the yearly income graph won’t show a realistic trend for 2017, since it’s only April.
A monthly graph of 2017 could show the point when we get to the end of this month.