Dear customers: which stock footage frame rates and resolutions are most useful to you in your projects?

Hello everyone! I’ve been an author here for almost 5 years, but I just recently started thinking about going a lot more serious with my stock footage work. So far I’ve noticed that about half of my footage is sold to the U.S. and the other half to the rest of the world.

So I would like to know, what would you, the customers, mostly prefer. What does and what doesn’t work for you, and why. For example, are you fine with using 30fps clips in your 25fps timelines? Are you fine with using 24fps clips in your 30fps timelines?

I created 2 polls offsite, hopefully that’s ok with the moderators:

This feedback will help me, other stock footage authors, and by extension you, the customers, as you’ll get more content that suits your needs.

No poll required… 29.97fps all the way. Anyone who says differently is wrong. Although 59.94 is an acceptable answer if rendering time, storage space an uploading time isn’t an issue.

I’m guessing you’re from the U.S.? :slight_smile:

Nope… UK originally, now travelling the world.

Oh nice. So why is the 29.97 or 59.94 best option in your opinion?

Sorry… just seen your last question! Because 29.97fps is the US standard, and the majority of buyers are from the US. But even if you get non-US buyers, they can drop your 29.97fps clip into a 24/25fps comp and they’ll just drop a few frames… if a US buyers drops a 24p clip into a 29.97fps comp then, there will be interpolated frames causing minor, but sometimes noticeable, issues.