2018 Envato Cyber Monday FAQ

The 2018 Cyber Monday campaign is now live! Find it here: https://envato.com/cybermonday/

What is Cyber Monday and why is it a big deal?

Cyber Monday is the biggest, global online shopping event of the year. As a globally established online event, this year’s Cyber Monday campaign represents a window of opportunity for both authors and Envato to drive strong sales across our ecosystem.

What’s Envato doing for Cyber Monday and when does it begin?

We’re running a dedicated Cyber Monday campaign, showcasing some of the very best items from AudioJungle, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, ThemeForest, and VideoHive on a dedicated campaign landing page. We’ll feature selected author-nominated items that are at a discount of 50% off their normal sale price.

The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email, social media, content marketing and affiliates.

Item Nomination Threads

Campaign Timeline

• Tue Oct 16: Nominations open
  • Fri Oct 26: Nominations close for Headline Items.
  • Mon Oct 29: Selected Headline authors will be contacted via email.
  • Tue Oct 30: Nominations close for main campaign
  • Mon Nov 5 (UPDATED): Selected authors for the main campaign will be contacted via email
  • Tue Nov 20, 2PM AEDT: Campaign Launch - Cyber Monday campaign begins!
  • Tue Nov 27, 8PM AEDT: Campaign Close - Cyber Monday campaign ends

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by November 2nd.

What if my item isn’t chosen to be on the landing page?

We will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page. However, we anticipate an increase in traffic to all marketplaces, so you can still participate by managing in your item price onsite if you wish.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us at communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item nomination.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which don’t meet the promotional criteria will be automatically removed from the promotion (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market), plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Cyber Monday sale, between 10am and 2pm (AEDT) on Tuesday November 20th.

After the promotion finishes, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

Headline Promotions

What is a Headline Promotion Nomination?

A Headline Promotion Nomination is an item that will be featured in a prominent spot on the relevant landing page for some duration of the Cyber Monday campaign.

What items are eligible to be a Headline Promotion Nomination?

In order to be eligible to be selected as a Headline Promotion Nomination, your item needs to meet or exceed the following review and sales thresholds for your respective marketplace:

• ThemeForest: 4+ star rated with over 3,000 sales
  • CodeCanyon: 4+ star rated with over 1,000 sales
  • GraphicRiver: Over 200 sales
  • AudioJungle: Over 250 sales
  • VideoHive: Over 400 sales

If your item meets this standard, head to this thread to submit your item(s).

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

2 Likes

300 or 3000 sales on themeforest ?

400+ sales requirement cuts off a lot of authors of Videohive market…

1 Like

Thank you, as always a great company, especially the criteria for selecting participants … :slight_smile:

1 Like

exactly!
Even some of my best products have hardly crossed 100 sales.
400+ is too much.

400 sales for videohive items is too high.
Only elite authors will be able to submit items then. Please reconsider this.

Guys, 400+ sales it’s for Headline only. If you want to submit your items for this campaign, 200 sales is enough

1 Like

What if you have an item sold in two different versions (stand-alone and WordPress plugin), and each individual sales count is less than 1000, but the total is more than 1000, does that still count? :smiley:

Hi all!

@rgba_design & @C2Motion - that sales count (400+) is only for VideoHive Headline nominations. Headline criteria are intentionally set high - there will only be a few of these for each marketplace, and the presence of top-tier items is a significant drawcard for attracting customers to the sale landing page.

For regular VideoHive items, there are two potential criteria: 200+ sales and 4+ star rating (for established items), or 10+ sales for items released within the last 30 days.

@kwst - the ThemeForest Headline criteria is 3,000+ sales. Regular nomination criteria for TF items is either 300+ sales and a 4-star rating for established items, or 10+ sales for a brand-new item released within the last 30 days.

@tips4design - I think it’s for each individual version, but I’ll check with the team.

If I have an item with over 400 sales can I nominate it to both threads - Videohive nominations and Headline Item nominations? So that if it will not be chosen as a Headline item , it still had a chance to be selected as a regular Videohive item…

1 Like

Hi @monstrKesha. Yes, if the item meets both sets of nomination criteria.

If it is selected for a Headline spot, that will take priority.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE: Headline nominations are now closed (as previously announced), but we will be contacting all selected authors next Monday. I’ll update the campaign timeline to reflect this.

Hi @BenLeong I just submit Headline nominations in 10 mins ago can this meet your deadline?

hi,

Is there any chance for new items with 5 star ratings and 100+ sale in a month .
with 200+ pages …

Hi all!

The email notifications for non-Headline items have been delayed, and didn’t go out last Friday as planned.

Our Campaigns team is still doing some final work on the landing page list at the moment. I should (hopefully!) be ready to email all the authors who are selected for the Cyber Monday campaign late tonight - if there are any further delays, I’ll update the timeline in this thread.

EDIT: All notification emails have gone out! If your item has been selected for inclusion on the Cyber Monday landing page, you should have received an email on Monday night, using the email address that you provided on the nomination form.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Questions about purchasing theme on ThemeForest

Hi!

Are you going to provide the promo banners kit for Cyber Monday?