Cyber Monday Campaign - CodeCanyon expression of interest.

Hey, we’re the Envato marketing team; we’re planning a campaign for Cyber Monday and are inviting all authors from CodeCanyon to nominate their items to be promoted on a campaign landing page (subject to eligibility criteria). Read on for full details and how you can get involved.

Campaign details:
We will be running a promotion directing buyers to a dedicated Cyber Monday campaign page, showcasing selected items whose list prices are discounted 50% from their normal list price.

The campaign will be live from Wednesday 23rd to Wednesday 30th November 2016 (2pm AEDT).

What’s in it for you?
Inclusion on an item on a custom landing page typically increases the reach of your product through promotion of the campaign by Envato’s Marketing team.

How do you get involved?
In order to nominate your item to be showcased on our landing page, your item must meet the criteria below. Nominations close on Wednesday 2 November (9am AEDT).

Criteria for Selection:

• You must be the author of the file you’re submitting.
  • The file must be rated 4 stars or higher.
  • The item must have 10 sales or more.

The campaign page will promote selected items which are discounted by 50% from Wednesday 23rd November (2pm AEDT).

We will be aiming to promote:

• 10 items from PHP Scripts
  • 25 items from WordPress
  • 10 items from eCommerce
  • 10 items from Javascript
  • 10 items from CSS
  • 5 items from Mobile
  • 10 items from HTML5
  • 5 items from Skins
  • 15 items from Plugins

You can nominate your item here.

By nominating for this promotion you are choosing to set your item’s list price to 50% of its original list price, effective at 24th October 2016. The included buyer fee will not change. More information on how to calculate prices with buyer fees is here.

This change will take place automatically for all items which are successfully chosen for the campaign. We will be in touch if your item has been selected for promotion on the page. You of course remain free to set whatever price you wish, at whatever time. You might wish to leave the discount in place after the promotion or to manually return your price to its existing level. The choice is yours.

FAQs

Will I know if my item is chosen to be on the landing page?
We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by 11 November 2016.

What if my item isn’t chosen to be on the landing page?
We will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page. However, we anticipate an increase in traffic to all marketplaces, so you can still participate by managing in your item price onsite if you wish.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?
If you’ve changed your mind, simply flag your nomination comment and let us know that you want to withdraw your item from consideration.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?
Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which don’t meet the promotional criteria will be removed from the promotion (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market), plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

How are items selected?
All items nominated must meet the criteria selection listed above. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Any other questions?
If you’ve got any related questions reply to this forum post.

3 Likes

Hi @lindsayandrew14, the date here should be 23rd November 2016, yes?

Cheers.

Sounds good @lindsayandrew14

I’ll send through my item. It has 4332 sales and a 4.59 item rating.

It’s $69 at the moment, would half be $34 or $35 ?

I don’t have any other codecanyon items that would be worth advertising at the moment. Actually I could probably update this old item to get it working again smoothly: https://codecanyon.net/item/easy-website-change-request-plugin/236441 - I haven’t touched it since 2013. It’s rather unique. Yea I might do that too.

1 Like

Great idea!

@lindsayandrew14 Do you reduce the buyer fee (e.g. from $4 to $2 in WP category) in this campaign or only the author’s share is lowered?
Thanks.

Edit: Sorry, I’m blind I found the answer. :frowning:

Hello @lindsayandrew14,
Great idea. There is 4 items in our CodeCanoyn portfolio and 3 of them meet the criteria. So I want to nominate all of my items if possible or you can pick one of those :slight_smile:

All files are sold more than 10 and ratings above 4 star.

Thanks,
RedQ Team

Hey @BonfireThemes This means the 50% off will be effective of the price your item was at on 24th October 2016. I hope that clears it up.

Gotcha, all clear now. Cheers.

Can we nominate as many items as we want, or only one item per author?

1 Like

Submitted WooCommerce Quickview: https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-quickview/4378284

The form allows you to submit another item after the first submission

I would be glad to participate too! Please consider our item with 10k+ sales:

Thanks!

I submitted my first item: https://codecanyon.net/item/metrotab-responsive-tab-for-metro-ui/2439434

Hope it will be accepted.

No problem Granth, glad you found the answer :slight_smile:

Hey @iconicwp You can nominate as many items as you like, so long as they meet the nomination criteria. :slight_smile:

i did submit my item :slight_smile:

let’s see if it get’s accepted :slight_smile:

I’ve submitted Soon for WordPress.

great initiative, we’ve nominated a few app templates from our portfolio :slight_smile:

just submitted 2 valid items below, hope I’m lucky to join :slight_smile:

Elegant Navigate Paginator for WordPress

Blogger Movie Publisher - Watch Movie Blog Maker

Interesting… let’s give a try