VideoHive Cyber Monday Nominations 2018
The 2018 Cyber Monday campaign is now live! Find it here: https://envato.com/cybermonday/
Cyber Monday nominations for 2018 have now closed. This thread was used during the campaign build-up period, to collect item nominations from Envato Authors.
What is Cyber Monday and why is it a big deal?
Cyber Monday is the biggest, global online shopping event of the year. As a globally established online event, Cyber Monday represents a window of opportunity for both authors and Envato to drive strong sales across our ecosystem. We’re running a special Cyber Monday campaign again this year and you, and your highest quality items, are all invited!
Our campaign will run between Tuesday, 20th November and Tuesday, 27th November 2018 (8pm AEDT). Our dedicated Cyber Monday campaign page will showcase some of the very best items from AudioJungle, CodeCanyon, GraphicRiver, ThemeForest, and VideoHive. We’ll feature selected items that are at a discount of 50% off their normal sale price.
What are we looking for?
To participate in our Cyber Monday campaign, please read and follow the requirements below otherwise your items may not be eligible for participation.
- Items that are high quality, presented well, and up-to-date
- Items that have been actively selling in the past 6 months
- Items that have been well-received by customers, and well rated
We know that the best sales results are experienced by authors who put forward their best items for sale. We are therefore only looking for your very best items that meet our criteria.
- You must be the author of the item you’re submitting
- This year we are looking to promote a mix of best sellers and fresh new items. Therefore we are looking for items which either meet:
- At least 200 sales with a minimum of 4 stars or
- At least 10 sales for an item that has been released in the last 30 days.
Also, to help us ensure that the discount is off your normal sale price, the item must have been listed at a consistent price for the 30 days leading up to the promotion period . See the pricing promotion rules below:
- Consistent Price: Your item must have been listed at a consistent price for at least the 30 days prior to the promotion period - see our Discount & Promotional Pricing Guidelines.
- Discount Price: By nominating for this promotion you are choosing to set your item’s list price to 50% of its stable list price (30-day period: Oct 21 - Nov 20), with the campaign pricing change effective on 20 November 2018 at 2pm, AEDT.
- Buyer Fee: The included buyer fee will not change. You can find more information on how to calculate prices with buyer fees here.
- Author-Driven Pricing: As your item is in an ADP category, you are of course free to change your price whenever you like, whether or not you previously nominated for the promotion. However, during the campaign period, we will be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers. Items which do not meet the promotional criteria will automatically be removed from the promotion page (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market).
How do I take part?
Make sure you have read and understood our requirements. Ensure that the item(s) you submit meet all requirements otherwise they will not be considered for the campaign.
1. Please read our FAQs and terms, and use the FAQ thread to ask us any other questions you may have. We will continue to update and maintain those questions on an ongoing and as-needed basis.
2. Based on the requirements, research your portfolio thoroughly and select a maximum of THREE items per marketplace from your own Envato Market portfolio.
- Select items from your Envato Market portfolio.
- You must be the author of any item(s) that you are nominating.
- We highly recommend choosing your BEST items, to maximise your chance of being selected and succeeding with customers.
3. Submit your nominations via this form: VideoHive Cyber Monday Nominations
What happens after I nominate my item(s)?
- If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the e-mail address you provided.
- We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed. See our FAQ page for full details.
- Selected items will be added to our special landing page which will be launched on Tuesday, 20th November (2pm AEDT).
- Tue Oct 16: We launched the nomination process (you’re reading it right now!)
- Fri Oct 26: Nominations close for Headline Items.
- Mon Oct 29: Selected Headline authors will be contacted via email.
- Tue Oct 30: Nominations close for main campaign
- Mon Nov 5 (UPDATED): Selected authors for the main campaign will be contacted via email
- Tue Nov 20, 2PM AEDT: Campaign Launch - Cyber Monday campaign begins!
- Tue Nov 27, 8PM AEDT: Campaign Close - Cyber Monday campaign ends
We’re looking forward to seeing all your nominations and helping you to promote your incredible items! We’ll be sharing important/additional updates and announcements in the thread below. If you have questions, please check the FAQs and post a new question if it has not already been answered.
Note: We’re also looking for Headline Promotion Nominations
A Headline Promotion Nomination is an item that will be featured in a prominent spot on the relevant landing page for some duration of the Cyber Monday campaign. In order to be eligible, your item needs to meet or exceed the following review and sales thresholds for your respective marketplace:
- ThemeForest: 4+ star rated with over 3,000 sales
- CodeCanyon: 4+ star rated with over 1,000 sales
- GraphicRiver: Over 200 sales
- AudioJungle: Over 250 sales
- VideoHive: Over 400 sales
If one of your items meets this standard, head to this thread to submit your Headline item nomination.
Thanks again, and good luck!