Custom WordPress pricing

Just wondering how much you charge for a custom WordPress theme design? With slider, theme option and all that. What I mean is from scratch, not modifying a theme from TF.

How much will you charge for a personal blog or a corporate website?

Just wondering how much you charge for a custom WordPress theme design? With slider, theme option and all that. What I mean is from scratch, not modifying a theme from TF.

Considering you can easily make $300 from a single theme on TF.net, I would say I would charge something around that number

For me, it all depends on how many page templates the site requires and whether the client has wireframes and the information architecture defined. I find myself quoting about $2000 or so, depending upon the requirements, for an average WordPress theme, completely marked up and coded.

Every project is different, but I think I’d quote somewhere around $1000, but as I said every project is different.

@turkhitbox, but these aren’t custom, so you might want to double (or triple) that quote.

Considering you can easily make $300 from a single theme on TF.net, I would say I would charge something around that number

Please do not ask that kind of money, around 300$ is way to little,these kind of amounts will kill the business.

I ask for a custom wordpress theme from 650 euro’s till… (650euros is about 1000 dollars)

edit: 650 euros is excl vat :wink:

“How long is a length of string?”

It varies. A monochrome minimalist general-purpose theme with very few features (or none at all) is of course a lot cheaper than a very graphic-intense corporate theme with a lot of features and custom programming. I’d say anywhere inbetween $500-$3000. Possibly more.

Yeah, I typically quote around $1,000 but like @Daan said, every project is different.

Hm… I think I would take something like 600$.

Another ? How much it will cost to customize a theme from this site and code it to work with wordpress mu or buddypress.

also i love this site and i would love to have one made just like it, anyone can quote or any advice for me. thx

also i love this site and i would love to have one made just like it, anyone can quote or any advice for me. thx

Tonnes :slight_smile:

But really, this is a website with some very complicated systems in the back, this isn’t going to be cheap if you’re serious about this :slight_smile:

i would agree with @chriswallace in all. for me it also depends on the pages and the requierements that come along like making drafts, creating logos ( cards, brochures… ) and maybe a landingpage.

it also depends on how often i am needed as webmaster for updating content or changing pics from time to time. many of my projects here i had to update bc my clients were to busy todo this itself, or had absolutely no knowledge, even if i tried to explain them all steps.

my experience also showed me that its absolutely needed to work with contracts, especially when it comes to a payment and, most of my clients i worked with needed a bill. so i am not sure how many of you are allowed to write official bills.

it also depends on how often i am needed as webmaster for updating content or changing pics from time to time. many of my projects here i had to update bc my clients were to busy todo this itself, or had absolutely no knowledge, even if i tried to explain them all steps.

Are you familliar with Wordpress? Because with it, you will never need to update “content or pics” anymore, it’s a CMS :slight_smile:

Are you familliar with Wordpress? Because with it, you will never need to update “content or pics” anymore, it’s a CMS :slight_smile:

sure my friend, i am, and i try to work only with wordpress simply bc i love it. some of my clients prefer typo3. my latest was a tattoo-studio and he said, he has no problem for paying me on an hourly base, but he dont want to have any work related to the page. he forgets pw and is absolutely not interested in keeping his own page and gallery updated.

and wordpress isnt a cms yet :slight_smile:

and wordpress isnt a cms yet :)

Why not? you just need the right skills to use it as one, but it sure is a CMS

More than 1.000 € for sure.

I would say about €1500 from design to completed functional site, that’s including a few design mocups, and some custom made scripts, as an estimate.

But that can go higher depending on what the client wants, also I would ask for half the agreed amount as a deposit before I start!

I would charge a minimum of $1000.

I just want my members to b able to communicate like buddypress. Only thing is buddypress default theme is not attractive. I like to use a theme from TF NET as home and main page and my members have their own profile. Is anyone interested in customizing buddypress. Using TF. NET THEMES? your opinion on pricing and dificulty.