cURL error when updating Kalium theme

Hi

WP novice! I installed the Kalium theme about a year ago and haven’t done much since. I’ve just tried to upgrade from v1.8.5 to v2.1.1 - which meant I had to install the Envato Market plugin.

This was all fine setting this up, but when I go to upgrade the theme, I get this message: “An error occurred while updating Kalium: Download failed. cURL error 35: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure”

I’ve looked online for solutions – deactivated all plugins, tried to upgrade, then reactivate them. Nothing works!

I’d appreciate any advice as out of my depth.

Thanks, Trevor

Hey @trev_w, welcome to the forums!

I think your best bet would be to reach out to the @Laborator folks for some guidance. Did you purchase an Extended Support package when you purchased the theme? If not, you may need to re-purchase a support package before they can assist you.

Thanks Matthew

That sounds like my only option to get this sorted. I’ll have to re-purchase the support.

Cheers

Trevor

Hi @trev_w

It looks that your cURL is very old on your server (read more) also please check if your server meets minimum system requirements please contact your hosting provider for this.

If you need our support please just write a ticket on our external support system.

Take me to item support >

We will be glad to reply your comment there :smile:

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,
Ylli from Laborator

1 Like