Cufon now ??

I saw that adding this before the makes Cufon work faster :

Any thoughts?

Yes, yes it does. (in IE at least)

Cheers epicera, I use IE8 (amongst others) and didn’t notice any difference with/without that line.

Cheers epicera, I use IE8 (amongst others) and didn't notice any difference with/without that line.

It may not make a big difference in IE8 (I happen to notice it on the once-in-a-blue-moon chance that I’m using it) - but I think it used to in previous iterations of the browser :slight_smile: Either way, it doesn’t hurt to add it.

Yep - The Cufon.now() call is specifically for IE.

Cufon.now() is called to prevent flickering text in IE as well. Also:
Tells Cufón that the DOM is ready and it’s OK to start replacing stuff. Needed for Internet Explorer, otherwise there will likely be a short delay before Cufón does its thing. Applies to other browsers as well in case you’ve got any external scripts in the of the document.

..Needed for Internet Explorer, otherwise there will likely be a short delay before Cufón does its thing...
Funny you should say that because that's why I asked - I use IE8 and yet I do get a delay before Cufon kicks in. Any ideas?

You’re always going to get a delay (as I understand it), Cufon.now() just expedites the process :slight_smile:

Check out http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-cufon/, it has a delay fix and does the job real well for IE, you might find what you need by looking at the plugin code.