Just to give everyone an update on my journey - (see timeline - above - and my blog post about my journey from full time freelancer to full time author - https://dataninjaatcodecanyon.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/uberization-of-software-development/).
Hi hit my 500 sales mark today. Yay!!!
Recap of Timeline
• It took me 3 years to hit my 300 mark in September 2016 (ENVATO POST: Good news is...I hit my 300th sale...the bad news is...it took me 5 years to do it. Need advice...)
• It took me another 7 months to hit my 400th sale on April 2017 (ENVATO POST: Crossed my 400 sales mark! - Lessons Learned)
• Then 5 months to hit 500th sale just today 9/1/2017. I feel I’m making progress but long way to go to making it as a full time author.
- continue to be creative and write new scripts that “move the needle”
- try to release an update or new product once every couple of weeks. I’m currently once every quarter or so.
- keep price point low
- listen to your customers, they will tell you what they need.
- do something no one else has done before (instead of copying/recreating something that already exists)
- establish brand for innovation
Still need to get better at
- driving traffic to my postings (not relying solely on envato to drive traffic to my postings)
- generate income (including freelance income) from scripts - price points too low compared to freelancing locally in Bay Area.
Looking for insight from other authors on how to drive more sales but I’ll take this as progress.