Creating YouTube Channel

Unearthing my noob-ness here :smiley:

Wondering what the best practice would be to create a YT Channel for my AJ music catalog, i.e., is there an advantage/disadvatange in creating an entirely new Google presence as ā€œSpinTone Musicā€ or just create a new channel using my personal Google account? Iā€™d like to keep my personal presence on Google completely separate from my AJ presence, but if itā€™s just a back-end thing where Iā€™m the only one who can see the connection, Iā€™m cool with that. Does that make sense? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

-STM

Well, I think Google+ is a complete mess. To keep it completely clean I would create a new SpinToneMusic gmail/Google+ account.

There are quite a few settings you need to be a detective to find and then turn off to completely hide your original Gmail account.

3 Likes

Man, you are not kidding. Google+ is ridiculousā€¦terrible editing and not intuitive at all. Would expect more from Google. Thanks for your advice.

-STM

Bloating of UI seems inevitable for mega companies, having too many resources working to cram in functionality while at the same time assuming a counter-productive ā€œminimalismā€ of sorts making it impossible to find your way around. A few notable examples come to mind.

• Windows - started off as a quite simple Mac OS ripoff, developed into world domination and has now turned into a incomparable mess of inconsistency and ā€œwhere is whatā€

• iTunes - great small program the first few years, then they added way too much crap and even though Iā€™m an avid Apple fan since the 80ā€™s I couldnā€™t even make Apple Music play more than one song on repeat. Where are the playlists? How do I find anything? Impossible to navigate.

• Facebook - loved it from the start, hate it more and more for every year. Everything that used to be easy to understand is now just a clutter of ads and ā€œsupervisedā€ timeline feeds. On my iPhone itā€™s just unbearable. The only worse thing I can think of is Google+.

Didnā€™t mean to hijack the thread :sunglasses:

OP: I made a separate ā€œStockwavesā€ profile, I canā€™t remember how I did it other than it was messy, but now it kind of works and itā€™s definitely better to separate the worlds IMO. Same goes with Facebook. If nothing else because I donā€™t want to flood my personal contacts with new AJ tracks :wink:

1 Like