Create & Win $2,000 in our Envato Elements contest

Beautiful job!

@BLAQMATRIX It’s your lucky day! Did you see we extended the deadline? :slight_smile:

Dreaming of sunshine & cocktails…

Items used:

Ohh nice😱

1 Like

Dear Envato,

Remember when you were a kid and you thought you were winning only to find out that the rules were changed after you started? Not only is changing the rules often illegal, or, at the very least, a violation of consumer protection rules, consumers (and your competitors) see it as unethical and can expose you for not being on the up-and-up.

Do you really think that changing the contest rules after the contest ended was the right thing to do?

This is how you respect all the users who worked hard for a month to delivery their entry on time and maybe they could do much better if they new it before about your changing rules after the contest finished?

The rules are rules and if you where planning to change them we all should know so we don’t waste our time with your jokes!

Where are all these “popular demand”? I see only one post of a user that went on vacation for a week!!! Well I didn’t go on vacation because I wanted to delivery my contest entry on time! Tell me please how all the users who delivered their work on time should fill right now after your stupid decision to extend the contest after the contest was finished?

I’m one of the user who submitted the contest before you decided to change the rules after the contest was closed. I’m using another account just in case you decide to ban me and kick me out from the contest because I’m writing this kind of protest, who knows? you might change the rules again.

I used to be a fan of all your envato portals but after this move I don’t think I will continue to follow you and talk good about you. My chances to win are way less now thanks to your stupid decision but I still want to hope anyway because I need the money! And if I will win I’ll take it and never come back to your site again.

You have a few option here to fix this:

1. Apologies to all the users who submitted their artwork on time respecting the contest rules.
  2. Pick the winners only from the users who delivery their entry respecting the deadline.
  3. Add another prize just for the users who submitted their artwork after the contest was closed.

Once the promotion begins, don’t change the rules! If you are in a situation where you think you need to change the rules, be sure to add a disclaimer that state “_rules can change at any time at our discretion” consult an attorney because you can be sued. Even if you don’t get sued, the public relations fallout could be harsh.

Regards.

Hi @renderman2000, thanks so much for the feedback.

One of the main reasons the contest was extended was because the Elements team extended the freebie giveaway and also wanted to promote the contest some more to Elements customers. So definitely no agenda to deceive in any way, we apologize if it has come across at all in that way. We do always reserve the right to tweak contests for various reasons but I can totally understand if this is not made more clear.

Our simple intent is to always continue offering opportunities to create, share, and win and on this occasion we wanted to give that opportunity to more people. I think we may have extended come contests in the past and we may exercise that in the future too. I see there’s another contest we’re running at the moment for example that may need some additional time so we can promote it a bit better to the target audience.

While your feedback is valid and important I hope you don’t mind me sharing with you that this is the first time we’ve heard this kind of reaction so we certainly do apologize if it has not been well received and/or if there are more that feel that way. That said, I like and concur with your suggestion about making it as clear as possible that dates could change. I know we have something in our T&Cs about ending the event early for various reasons, but it should be clear that it works both ways in the event of the contest extended for any reason. Let me see what we can do about that.

Ultimately, we provide these kind of contests and opportunities out of goodwill to give something back to our creative community and to help promote the incredible content that authors and creators here are so good at making. We will of course review your feedback internally to ensure that our contests, and purpose of contests, continue to be clear, fair, and enjoyable.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your perspective, very much appreciated.

5 Likes

I would partially agree with renderman2000, if he was using his real name and less french. By using a second name, you make us all look suspicious for no reason at all. In any ways i must admit that i was a bit frustrated myself in the beginning. I googled contest extend out of curiosity, and realized that it’s totally normal for a contest curator to do w/e he/she likes with it. Probably the T&C isn’t so clear, but as @scottwills mentioned, it can easily work both ways.

Yes, it narrows the chances to win. But after all, it’s a competition. A good work will do good no matter what. Plus more people can try, which is the main goal of this contest, isn’t it.

Dude, if you plan to post more arguments, and you honestly write on behalf of the authors who delivered earlier, please use your real name.

Much love from Greece

1 Like

You’ve made your point and Scott has provided a detailed reply. Let’s get back on topic now.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello,

Dogyr, Film poster.

this is my 4th participation, the 3rd was my last but when i see the prolongation of deadline i made this one ! if you like it, give me a hearth.

3 Likes

Βetter than the other one in my opinion :smiley:

2 Likes

Fingers Crossed lol. Hope this is it. lol

Used:

This is creepy :frowning:

1 Like

Album cover “brutralist” concept from envato element

hhhh :smiley: maybe yes, he has dog character ‘‘Dogyr’’

Thank you bro :slight_smile:

Hello,

Viewfinder Elements Graphic