Could you take that doubt about me?

Well, yesterday I received an email saying that I needed to make a small change in order for my item to be accepted, they wanted a live website, and I then made changes and put the website and what was sent to review, now I received an email more I was confused if it would be another mild rejection or a warning from the envoy team, please answer me, thank you in advance :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

153084150_488009202204926_4994319313743610549_n

Best Regards,
Kaike Ferraz

Hi,

review team don’t start review until they will see a live demo. at first time you didn’t provide live demo url so thay asked for demo. After providing demo url they have started the review and found some issues. So, this time you received soft-reject. now you have to fix the soft rejected issues to get the item approve on envato market.

Hope now you understand.

Thanks

Thank you very much administrator, I was almost sure it was a reminder from the team. I changed my item data yesterday, put the url of the live demo, as the team asked.

My Demo

So, the only problem with my item is the demo, which is working normally, the site is ok, I tested it, I checked SSL to see if there was something wrong, I verified his HTTPS, and everything is fine, it’s not my site what I’ll do? it’s not my fault :weary::weary::disappointed_relieved:

go to your Dashboard then Hidden Items tab/page and there you will find the soft rejected item. Click on the item it will take you the item page and in right side you will see the soft rejected issues. You have to fic all of those issues and resubmit. In Comments for the reviewer field you have to mention what changes you have made and also mention about the live demo url fix.

I already mentioned, updated my files, tested other urls, but not even the other urls work, what am I going to do, is it because the item is in quarantine?

not sure what you mean! can you elaborate?

The WoWonder demo works normally, right? so I took their demo url to test the item, just to test the live preview with their url, but it wasn’t sent for review here, it doesn’t need a review, but it also didn’t work.

don’t use other author demo url. different author can use same hosting provider but there is a possibility they are not in the same server and same settings. you should ask your hosting server support.

Thanks for the tip, I was very nervous, I had to pay more than 100 reais (i am brazillian) to the provider, I don’t want to believe that the host has no competence for a website not to support in an iframe

Okay, they added to release the iframe to the codecanyon I hope so, and I thank you for giving me help and support, you are the best :blush::pray::grin:

1 Like

If the preview link still not work then please note the following:

The ALLOW-FROM value no longer works in modern browsers:

X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM https://preview.codecanyon.net/

so in order to make it work on the preview page, you need to have that header removed. You must have your hosting provider remove the X-Frame-Options response header entirely.

It didn’t work, I received the reply from the mail today.

Well, I made changes to my website to make it work and the team at Envato told me that the live preview doesn’t work yet, but what could be wrong I just need it to work, thank you all for your help. :frowning_face:

Screenshot_1

what am I going to do, I have no idea what it is.

please check my last reply. You must have your hosting provider remove the X-Frame-Options response header entirely.

That was added, given permission to the codecanyon, that’s all, I asked support to do that.

you didn’t check my reply. please check. I mentioned:

The ALLOW-FROM value no longer works in modern browsers:

X-Frame-Options: ALLOW-FROM https://preview.codecanyon.net/

so in order to make it work on the preview page, you need to have that header removed. You must have your hosting provider remove the X-Frame-Options response header entirely.

See the note on ALLOW-FROM here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/X-Frame-Options

Again:
You must have your hosting provider remove the X-Frame-Options response header entirely.

1 Like

Fantastic, ok, maybe this is a problem, thanks, I will now ask the provider to remove everything related to this. Thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ok, I received the response from ultahost support, and here is the modification.

now i don’t know if it will solve something, i don’t know if you have to remove everything related to the header.

Screenshot_3.png

Hi @kaikeferraz_dev,

I’ve added a reply to the other thread. Let’s keep the conversation about the iframe to that one please:
https://forums.envato.com/t/live-demo-doesnt-work-for-reviewers-what-do-i-do/