Hey, listening now for a few times and I can see the effort and progress.
I still got some feedback:
- The cymbal sounds way too harsh along with the other FX (at 0:56)
- The bass pops way too much and masks the kick.
- The new clap sound at 1:03 sounds out of place and comes suddenly.
- The kick and bass sound very weak due to the masking from other elements, there is still low and low mid frequencies from other elements in the mix.
- The transition at 0:37 sounds too sudden, I would introduce a riser here or a reversed cymbal.
On a personal level I would not sweat it too much with this track, I do not mean to discourage you at all and I am sorry if it sounds like it but I would work on as many tracks as possible and make sure every one of them sounds better than the one before. Keep on comparing my work with the reference tracks until it sounds close. And the most important thing is to listen and listen a lot to understand the structure, quality and melodic content of the music you want to do.
Read, look up tutorials on Youtube, check a couple of instagram pages like: @beat_spot, @mixing_tips or @cosmicacademy
Give it your best and as long as you are determined you will get there. Believe me