Copa America 2016 Official Thread & Predictions Contest!

Oh boy, what a game/decision/result! So it was a definite handball of course, but the fact that Brazil couldn’t even score a goal against Peru sums up the quality of the Brazil squad right now. What’s worse (for me) is that this game will give more people justification to introduce video replays during a game. I hate to see that as part of the beauty and tradition of football is (a) how the laws of the game are the same whether you play in your local park or the World Cup final (incoming goal line technology being the other exception of that rule) and (b) discussion and debate over bad or wrong decisions is a big part of the game for fans. Some decisions go your way, some go against you. Very, VERY harsh on Brazil though. What’s even worse than that though, is the fact that the Peru player who handled the ball KNEW he did it and never 'fessed-up. That is TERRIBLE gamesmanship and he should be the person found accountable more so than the referee(s).

Kinda reminds me of the Thierry Henry handball incident against Ireland all those years ago… Perhaps we can expect a similar lawsuit from Brazil or a bribe from CONCACAF/CONMEBOL…

3 Likes

And I predicted 3-0 Brazil win :weary:

Totally agree. After the match, the Peru player went even further and told the press he push the ball with the thigh :stuck_out_tongue: But hey, I am not even mad, just joking. Just keep those cameras out of the field .D

1 Like

Anyway Brazil was saved in the first game (vs Ecuador) It’s Karma :incoming_envelope:

2 Likes

Hello Scott, Why you not to reply about this? Only 8 match left.

##Football/soccer fans! Check out our first bonus challenge right here!

:soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer:

1 Like

Mexico :fearful::weary: I don’t understand what’s wrong with head coach… Many great players don’t played in this Copa… Same year 1 year ago.

Semi-finals kick off tonight! Can’t believe we’re at the semi-final stage already. Make sure you’ve got your final set of predictions in!

Fact of the day: Out of 1,330+ people playing the Copa Predictions game, 3jontheme, who is at the top of our predictions league right now, is currently in 10th place overall in the entire world! :star:

2 Likes

Looking at the standings… It’s getting pretty tight at the top! Just 3 games to go :smiley:

:muscle:

I have no luck in the last few games! :angry:

It’s the final weekend and the last 2 matches! Don’t forget there’s a 3rd place playoff game today also! If you made it this far, well done! Be sure to set your final predictions and we’ll be back on Monday to declare the winner and award the badges! :soccer:

2 Likes

The Copa America predictions contest is now over! Congratulations to Chile for retaining their title and commiserations to Argentina for failing to win another tournament! But more importantly than that, here our our prediction winners!

All results / final table available here!

###First Place, Football Champion & Player Badge Winner:

1. 3jontheme

###Runners-up & Football Player Badge Winners:

1. Huy Tiệp Cao
    1. Wayman
    1. GraphicGrape
    1. royvelvet

Because the final table was so close and we had some users tied on overall points for the runner-up spots, I decided to award Football Player badges to everyone who got 30 points or more. Well done!

###30 Points or More & Football Player Badge Winners:

1. IG_design
    1. Gloria Theme
    1. Mito507
    1. Nano-themes
    1. Neozilla
    1. SingleStroke
    1. Patchesoft
    1. MeGustaMusic
    1. GautamThapar

Thank you so much to everyone who entered and many congratulations to our winner and all our runners-up!

###Awarding of Badges

All badges have now been awarded but I could not verify the following users. If your name is below, please send me a private message here in the forums (click my forum avatar and press “Send Message”) and let me know what your Envato Market account name is. Many thanks!

• 3jontheme - I awarded the badges to “3jon”. Contact me if this is incorrect.
  • Huy Tiệp Cao - There are several users with this name, please confirm your account.
6 Likes

Wow… thank you so much… Never expected… :smiley:

New badge… yay!!

1 Like

5th place yeah :muscle:

Accidental mistake that cost me first place! I wanted to put a draw… :cry:

1 Like

New badges…Thanks a lot. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: New badge.

Hi,

Huy Tiep Cao is my name :smiley:
Thanks @scottwills for this interesting contest!