Copa America 2016 Official Thread & Predictions Contest!

##Copa America 2016

While European nations compete in Euro 2016, teams from South America and North America will be competing in the 100th Copa America tournament. If you’re an Envato community member and football/soccer is your passion, then you’re invited to use this official thread throughout the Copa America 2016 tournament!

##Copa America 2016 Predictions Contest

We’re bringing back our popular predictions contest with the coveted golden football badge up for grabs! Simply take a few minutes to predict the result of each game and compete against the rest of the Envato community toward footballing glory!

#ENTER HERE!

##How It Works

We will be using a website called Predict the Football. Register online and join our special Envato mini-league by using the following code:

##732693

#Don’t worry Euro 2016 fans, we’ve got a dedicated thread and predictions contest for you too! Enter the Euro 2016 Contest!

##What Do I Have to Do?

Predict as many scores as possible from all Euro 2016™ matches! Be sure to submit your predictions throughout the tournament as you won’t know who goes through to the second round and subsequent rounds until the first round group matches are over. We will try to post reminders in this thread but the responsibility to check you’ve submitted your predictions is entirely yours!

General scoring works as follows:

• 3 points for predicting an exact score
  • 1 point for predicting the correct result (ie. you correctly predict the winner, or you correctly predict a draw, but by the wrong number of goals).
  • 2 point bonus for predicting the correct result if that result was predicted by less than 20% of your competitors.
  • 2 point bonus for predicting the exact score if that score was predicted by less than 5% of your competitors.

View full scoring details with examples!

##Prizes

Not only is this just for fun for the many football fans around the world we have within the Envato community, but we will also be awarding badges to all winners! So even if you don’t know anything about football, your predictions and participation could nab you a brand new, shiny badge!

• First Place: Football Champion badge + Football Player badge
  • Second Place: Football Player badge
  • Third Place: Football Player badge
  • Fourth Place: Football Player badge
  • Fifth Place: Football Player badge

##Terms & Conditions

• Please use either your real name or Envato Market account name as your username on the Predict the World Cup Web site.
  • All community members with an Envato Market account are eligible to play.
  • One entry per account, please.
  • Staff are eligible to participate.
  • Euro 2016 runs from June 10 - July 10 and we’ll announce the winners by July 17.
  • Copa America 2016 runs from June 3 - June 26 and we’ll announce the winners by July 5
  • It’s just for fun! :slight_smile:

##Bonus Challenges!

Subscribe to this thread and check-in every day as we’ll be running bonus challenges throughout each tournament with more chances to win a Football Player badge!

11 Likes

I am not good with predictions but that badge looks nice :smiley: In for the goals :soccer:

I never watch this tournament but will try to watch it for the competition. :wink:

One more day until Copa America kicks off! Make sure you’ve signed up and got your first batch of predictions entered! :soccer:

1 Like

Only 3 goals in the first 4 games, can you believe that?! :confused: Are things about to change with Suarez, Messi, and Chicharito all in action over the next couple of days? Let’s hope so! :soccer:

1 Like

Yeah, very drought start of the competition. However i need to ask why the leaderboard is still showing 0 matches played and 0 points for all?

I had the same problem. There is a competition dropdown menu, and after choosing COPA America instead of UEFA Euro (which seems to be default), the points from the Envato Copa America 2016 mini-league showed up on the leaderboard.

1 Like

Where is bonus challenge?

Why mini leagues don’t show up on the left sidebar? :frowning:

I was wondering this too. Seems like a site glitch.

2 points so far. Needed Mexico not to score that last minute goal :frowning:

###Here’s the link to view the Envato Copa America Predictions League Table, be sure to keep it bookmarked!

Shock news! @BlinVarfi is not at the top of the table… :open_mouth: yet. :wink:

4 Likes

Last year I kicked out at the end. :slight_smile:

Hahah don’t expect me doing any good in Copa America, I don’t really follow the competition. I am really looking forward to the Euro. Btw: Thank you for the link. :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I am at 11th position… wow… didn’t expected :smiley:

Ok, how are we supposed to predict the score if Peru scores a goal with the hand :smiley: This tournament is crazy :joy:

Oh boy, what a game/decision/result! So it was a definite handball of course, but the fact that Brazil couldn’t even score a goal against Peru sums up the quality of the Brazil squad right now. What’s worse (for me) is that this game will give more people justification to introduce video replays during a game. I hate to see that as part of the beauty and tradition of football is (a) how the laws of the game are the same whether you play in your local park or the World Cup final (incoming goal line technology being the other exception of that rule) and (b) discussion and debate over bad or wrong decisions is a big part of the game for fans. Some decisions go your way, some go against you. Very, VERY harsh on Brazil though. What’s even worse than that though, is the fact that the Peru player who handled the ball KNEW he did it and never 'fessed-up. That is TERRIBLE gamesmanship and he should be the person found accountable more so than the referee(s).

Kinda reminds me of the Thierry Henry handball incident against Ireland all those years ago… Perhaps we can expect a similar lawsuit from Brazil or a bribe from CONCACAF/CONMEBOL…

3 Likes

And I predicted 3-0 Brazil win :weary: