Confused by statement

Hi guys,
So I’m having a lot of trouble understanding how the Envato calculation work. I’m at 70% commission.

So if I calculate a sale based on the statement values, and then I calculate it by multiplying the price of the item with 0.7, the results are different, sometimes in my advantage, sometimes in my disadvantage (I am not referring to the sales that fall into the US Royalty Withholding Tax category)

Let’s take a simple product, that doesn’t include author fees and support: a PSD template.
REAL PRICE: 12usd
STATEMENT PRICE: 10usd
AUTHOR FEE FOR SALE: 1.25usd

Based on the real price and on my 70% commission, my profit should be 12x0.7=8.4usd.
But based on the statement values, my profit is 10-1.25=8.75usd

So my question is, why is there a difference?

Thanks,
Chris

You don’t get 70%, you haven’t done for a couple of years. Well you did, it;s just thats not been the calculation. Until recently, the You get the item price minus 12.5%… the item price being the total price of the item after the buyers fee has been subtracted.

As the item price is $10, then the author fee is $1.25 and your earnings are $8.75.

The confusion lies in the fact that the buyers fee always used to be 20% of the total list price, and although it is for some categories, some have a fixed buyers fee now… including PSD templates.

So basically the 70% commission does not apply any more?

Correct. Not since 2014.