Confused by "regular" and "extended license"?

Hi!

I’m working on helping various companies with their social media and figured I’ll buy one of these cool titles. However I’m a bit confused with the regular vs. extended license thing.

Am I only allowed to use the title once if I buy the regular one? At the moment I am not looking for monetize from monetize from the videos I make but I might use the same titles for different videos.

When I decide to monetize, do I have to buy the extended license?

Would really appreciate some help here :slight_smile:

/Philip

Hi,

Here you will get videohive regular and extended license details

hope helped.

Thanks!

2 Likes

In addition to unlockdesigns link, a quick summary:
Both the regular and the extended license are single use licenses, this means you can only use the item for one project.
One project can mean more than one video, if there is for example a series of videos. Check the part “What is a single application” in the FAQ for more details.

If a regular or extended license is needed depends on if the end user - in case of a video that is the viewer of this video - needs to pay to see the content. If I understand you correctly, you are talking about monetizing with video ads, and this means the content stays free-to-watch. So in this case, a regular license is fine with or without monetization.

If you sell the videos somewhere, or if there is any event that you need to pay for where your videos can be watched, an extended license is needed.

I highly recommend checking out the FAQ unlockdesign posted, it is very well written.

2 Likes

Both the regular and the extended license are single use licenses, this means you can only use the item for one project.

Wow, wouldn’t that be super expensive if I can only use the titles only once for each video?

So let’s see if I can get this straight - If I’m doing one video for each company to promote their brand, which license should I use? I am not trying to monetize through youtube views or advertisments on his or my channel, only attracting more customers with this particular video (using these titles).

By the way, is there someone to call to explain this in more details?

Thanks!

/Philip

In this case you have to buy individual license for each individual company.

Also please check:

If you still have query please open Help ticket and let them know. They will be happy to assist you.

Thanks