Computer Design Rejected

Hey EC,
I just got an email stating that my flat design laptop vector got rejected.

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Flat Design Computers” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

Here’s the graphic below:

Please let me know what you think!

It looks like something that you could get for free somewhere online. I guess if you were to browse similar items on graphic river (especially recent ones) you’ll find you need a higher standard to sell it here.

Also why is the base of the laptop so much wider than the screen? Macbooks don’t look like that.

Hello, thanks both very much for your input. I do disagree that it looks like something that could be downloaded for free. Perhaps as a jpeg or even a psd file, but certainly not as a fully scalable and easily editable .ai file. As for the laptop base, it appears that way because of perspective.
I’ll keep your comments in mind as I head back to the drawing board. Thanks!

Hello!

I just wanted to give a little bit of feedback, something different than what other people told you.

The problem with some people on Graphic River, a problem that I had too when I first started, is that they don’t understand that on Graphic River, the packages that get accepted are usually packages that are either useful for the customer, really good even tho they are not useful, or unique.

Sadly, no matter what you say, the packages DOES look like something you can download somewhere for free. The worst thing is that I’m pretty sure you can get something better than this, somewhere, for free, with the .ai included, and that means it will be fully scalable.

When you upload something to Graphic River make sure it is either unique, very good, or pretty useful for the customer. I myself am not the best at creating Action in Photoshop, but I get most of them approved because I do my best to make sure the general customer finds them useful, and that gets most of them approved.

In the future, try to focus on one of those aspects - useful for customers, unique or really really good. I’m sure if you search a little bit, you’ll find similar packages on Graphic River, that are way better than yours. When the reviewers see your package, it may be compared to those, and if it’s not at least close to that quality, it may get rejected.

Good luck in the future!

Thank you kindly for your advice. After doing more research, I see that both of you are 100% correct. A prime example of this can be found here https://goo.gl/Upaq0u
I will be sure improve my craft and make something that is both aesthetically pleasing and fictional to the would be user. Thanks!!

1 Like

With all due respect I highly doubt that would be approved.

• you need to consider the display and design of how each combination of devices is shown in the demo

• generally the devices feel a bit clip arty even for a vector

• you should be thinking about different angles, perspectives, layouts, combinations etc.

• the laptop still doesn’t look right (irrelevant of perspective)

There may be less AI mock ups in comparison to PSDs (maybe there is a reason for that?) but the execution of this does not really feel premium and I would imagine that any designer is going to choose a PSD that is more realistic, versatile and displayed better even if they would usually use Illustrator.

I’m not a reviewer but I would suggest considering very carefully the alternatives already for sale even if in other formats.