Comments...Are they important ?

Well, if anybody actually uses ‘trending’ to search by… I’m pretty sure it’s just authors who do!

As my one of item trends a lot(20days in a month) . I am sure trending is the direct proportional of no of visitors. (not sales or comments.

You’re pretty sure about a lot of things… that you seemingly don’t know too much about. :grinning:

Anyway, used or not, staying at 0 sales or not, being able to cheat your way there is wrong. Do you not agree?

Sure thing, Batman.

Very good example @Flumen

Why would that track appear in the search system in front of yours which is also at least as good as that one? Maybe customers do look into trending pages and actually buy from there… I’m just saying that getting in front of others just for having a grup of people commenting ‘good job’ and clicking like crazy on that page without actually making money - the purpose of this market (this is not the facebook wall) is just not fair game and this matter should be a concern for envato.
An item that makes a lot of sales in fast time makes sense to be trending, of course…but just for comments and views, its absurd and should not be allowed.

Exactly.

After 8 years here, I can say that having an item on the first page of “Best Match” for common searches really helps, having a new item (any category) - “Newest Category” really helps, having an item on the first page of most sales for common search terms really helps, so it’s not unreasonable to believe that having an item on the trending page would also help. It certainly isn’t a disadvantage.

I agree, I think to leave comments don’t helps to get more sales.
But I found this part very useful from a different point of view.
I explain this:
When I started to compose here, I was amazed about the big level and aesthetic principles here… lots of big artists and really good composers!!! wow!! .
I found big difficulty to have approvals …therefore I then decided to listen the new approved tracks from the main page … that’s something I’m doing right now… I thought that this would help me to improve my style and way of compose, and the true is that, since I do that I got lots of my music tracks approved from the curators…
Sometimes I listen things that are the same than thousands I listened before to my ears … But sometimes I listen very nice things, very original ideas and really good music… then I love to leave a comment if I thought that the composer deserves consideration, because I really liked his work! Most of times, I leave a note saying what is the point I loved from his track, what is the magical moment for me…
A collateral thing from my action is, and this is very interesting, some authors thanks to me the comment and they leave some comment on some of my tracks, letting me know what is that they liked from my composition… maybe it’s a silly thing but I really feel very good with this fact… :smiley:
I don’t believe that this is directly useful for sales… Neither I don’t know about scammers nor spammers-. but all I know is, since I’m listening and getting this precious feedback from other authors making good music… I have almost all my tracks approved! and this is the real point… sumarizing, it’s all about a very useful community exchanges to improve, to grow and to share.

Sales is another world that I’m trying to work from outside of the AJ system… I would like to have some independence in this matter…

1 Like

What you say @MusicLFiles is true and it’s the way it should be; I like a track, I leave a nice comment + customer/potential customer asking about the item or just being thankful and that’s all that should be about comments. I really hope someone from Envato is watching this thread and investigate this little problem because I believe opening a ticket is not the right thing to do in this case

2 Likes