[CodeCanyon] Your item, Good School System - School Management System, has been rejected

Hi everyone,

After 16 days waiting, my item was rejected. Here is the email I received:

Hi Masino Sinaga,

Thank you for your submission. We have completed our review of “Good School System - School Management System” and unfortunately we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward, and you won’t be able to re-submit this item again.

We appreciate the effort and time you’ve put into creating your item. And we’d be happy to help make sure your next entry will meet our submission requirements. Here’s our advice:

Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.

Check out this Help Center article to understand why and how items get rejected.

Here is the demo:
http://goodschoolsystem.openscriptsolution.com

Login:

• Username: 999999999
  • Password: master

Documentation:
http://goodschoolsystem.openscriptsolution.com/documentation/index.html

I don’t know what is the exactly reason this item was rejected. There are no specific reason, there are no detail explanation. The reviewer only said: “we found it isn’t at the quality standard required to move forward”.

I just wondered, is it because I am using “Good” word in that item? If so, how about another item that use the “Good” word, too?

Thoughts?

Here are my thoughts:

Your system looks full of features, which is great. However, I also see many weak points, here are the most obvious:

1. GUI. It’s just my personal opinion, but it looks like script was made in year 2000 or even in 1990.
  2. Speed. Every time I click any menu, it displays a load progress image for about 2-3 seconds.
  3. The same 2-3 seconds delay (load progress image) for every single action. For example, go to http://goodschoolsystem.openscriptsolution.com/class_sectionslist.php and click Section Description column (to sort records). It will have the same 2-3 seconds delay for every single click, which makes system unusable in real life. Even resizing browser window (from mobile view to normal view) causes this reload.
  4. Lack of modern technologies and use of old-school technologies. Let’s stick with previous example at http://goodschoolsystem.openscriptsolution.com/class_sectionslist.php - clicking column title to sort records should start sorting instantly (like in other apps). Instead, it redirects user to http://goodschoolsystem.openscriptsolution.com/class_sectionslist.php?order=Section_Description&ordertype=DESC which isn’t acceptable for such app. Why didn’t you use DataTables?
  5. Usability. Once again, let’s continue using the same example at http://goodschoolsystem.openscriptsolution.com/class_sectionslist.php I don’t know if it’s just me, but I find such layout completely unusable. In short, it lacks basic logic and good coding practices. Each record is started by a truckload of useless buttons, and record itself is only displayed at the very end. For example, each row starts with “View” button, which does nothing but opens a popup that displays record name (which is displayed in the list anyways). Also, it’s impossible to delete multiple records at once, and so on. If I click Email button, I expect to see a per-formatted message containing table data. Now, email button just opens an empty email form. Why to include such a button then in every page?
  6. Many other small things, which would take about an hour to explain more, but I hope you got the idea…
  7. Maybe also code quality? I can’t see your code, but Envato can, so maybe they decided coding practices are not good. It wouldn’t surprise me (because the overall design doesn’t follow good coding practices).

Please don’t accept my feedback as a hate speech or something, it’s just my honest opinion, which you asked for. Hope you find it useful.

1 Like

@phpmillion,

Thanks for your feedback. Let me clarify some of your points.

1. About the GUI, it actually using the Flat style which is trend interface beyond year of 2010, and I think this is not the main reason why they rejected it.
  2. It’s because it needs about 2-3 seconds to render the whole page, and I think this is not an extreme reason they rejected.
  3. Yes, because the current page needs to be reloaded, since the Sorting process not uses the Client side, as well as resizing browser window which needs to reload the page to get the fresh new setting. Not sure whether this is the extreme reason CodeCanyon reject it.
  4. The reason why I did not use the DataTables because it uses the framework which already provide the special feature in order to support row rendering that triggered by server event, including to handle browse to next/previous page. Not sure too, whether this is the extreme reason CodeCanyon reject it.
  5. Because of the consistency and usability reasons in each page. User can do the related action not only from the List page. Not sure too, whether this is the extreme reason CodeCanyon reject it.
  6. But I think it can be negotiable, and there must be the reason why I create this and that.
  7. Code quality is good, I think, because it has been tested and proven it works. Many web applications I created using this style, and so far so good. Many users are happy to use it. About “the overall design doesn’t follow good coding practices”, this is debatable, and I am not sure whether this is the main reason they rejected it.

Thank you, of course I don’t mind to accept your feedback. I just need what is the exact and detail reason why this item was rejected.

I try to explain and give confirmation if some people ask just like your questions above, and again, I would be happy to explain and give my reason why I did this and that.

As I mentioned above, the only thing that bothers my mind is, whether because I use “Good” word in my Item Title, which is similar to “brilliant”, “amazing”, or “best”.

If this is the obvious reason why the item rejected, then I would like to try re-upload it again with a brand new item, as well as the Envato’s statement below (https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000471923-Rejected-Items#why) :

Can I Resubmit A Hard Rejected Item?

• If your item has been Hard Rejected , you cannot re-submit the item.
  • Attempting to resubmit your rejected item(s) is considered an unacceptable use of Envato Market and may result in revoked upload rights .
  • You must create a brand new item and ensure it is entirely distinguishable from your rejected item.

Thoughts?

I don’t think it has something to to about item’s name. There are many items that use word “good”:

[removed by mod: contains 3 listed items with the name “good” - please do not post other items, can be interpreted as bashing]

…and the list goes on.

Yeaah, since there is no exact or detail reason, then I can only guess. Oh Lord, please help me. :disappointed_relieved::sweat:

Another hidden information that I need to let you know is, I actually had created the special YouTube channel for this in order to provide some Tutorial Videos. I named it as “Good School System”, and about a few hours ago, I renamed it to “Quick School System”: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkbKQKPvcA0p2AVzt2beJGA/videos?view_as=subscriber

As you can see, the video content still displaying “Good School System” title, and now I have a plan to rename my item as “Quick School System”.

Can you imagine now, how hard I have been providing all of this since two months ago, and there are no exact or detail reason my item was rejected after waiting for 16 days?

I wish the reviewer can read this and contact me to let me know what is the reason my item was rejected.

It has nothing to do with the name. Let me take a look if i can decide what the problem is.

It has to be the niche. One thing about envato review system that i discovered is that, if it is a marketable niche that is worth the customer’s money and it actually works, you’ll certainly get an approval, even if it contained some bugs, rather than Hard Reject you will get a Soft Reject with the message on where to improve. If you do get a Hard Reject, it is either of no marketable niche or it does not function at all.

Can you please backup your claims? It sounds very not true, especially because Envato marketplace contains many items that are for extremely specific niches. Some of them only have a sale or two, but they exist here.

If you do get a Hard Reject, it is either of no marketable niche or it does not function at all.

School Management System is one of the marketable niche in Envato. In addition, my item does function properly as expected, as I’ve been testing and improving it from day to day, until now.

So, I don’t think those are the main reason Envato do a hard-reject my item.

Student Profile pint???