Codecanyon: Selling a system that uses a web service?

wordpress

Hey guys,

I’m new to selling on Codecanyon.
So I have created this automated ticket resolver for wordpress. I want to sell it as a complete system on CodeCanyon.
Now this uses some natural language algorithms which makes the whole system function and is the secret sauce. I feel not so comfortable bundling it as part of the source code, So I currently host this on my own server and the wordpress plugin calls the web service to get answers for certain queries.
I was wondering whether if it violates any marketplace terms if the user still relies on my web service after buying the code. I could probably sell the web service separately as part of the ‘Extended Support’ for the system as I need to pay for hosting.

Hey there,

As your problem implies you’ve created API for your service and plugin which uses that api…
That indicates that plugin is just wrapper which uses your api. Api is the real girl who is responsible for your whole system… just wrapper is not sufficient for customer because it is not the real product…
So if you really want to do selling this way you should tell your customer that api is hosted on your own server and this plugin uses that api and in order to use this plugin customer must subscribe to your api…
If you api is really good people will buy plugins which uses that api too…
I don’t see any rule violation in this…
Try to check requirements of codecanyon item submission…

Happy Coding dear friend… :smile: