Cintiq Pen Pressure Problem

Hey guys maybe you can help me, I got the new Cintiq 13 HD and it’s amazing but it has a problem that anybody seems to solve: It appears to be a ‘classic’ problem with Photoshop and Wacom Tablets, but I just can’t find a solution that helps me.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/318/f/d/cintiq_pressure_test_by_nosidda-d5kztxv.png

every once in a while, randomly, it makes a full straight line, that’s very annoying

Do you actually mean that it creates lines as if you were pressing the shift ? Because i always got that issue once in a while with my tablet but i just figured it was because its a cheap tablet (not Wacom).

Giallo said

Hey guys maybe you can help me, I got the new Cintiq 13 HD and it’s amazing but it has a problem that anybody seems to solve: It appears to be a ‘classic’ problem with Photoshop and Wacom Tablets, but I just can’t find a solution that helps me.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/318/f/d/cintiq_pressure_test_by_nosidda-d5kztxv.png

every once in a while, randomly, it makes a full straight line, that’s very annoying

I still don’t know much about these tablets but you can try contacting Sergio since he has a cintiq too
Or contact wacom support . Although you should try Sergio first as he must faced a problem like this before .
Good luck .

Looks like driver problem between Wacom and Photoshop, but it’s a quite an old problem, still not solved completely maybe?

Maybe having a powerful Video Card and Ram solve the problem since I noticed my pc get slower while bugging. Here a sample video of my same problem:

Giallo said

Looks like driver problem between Wacom and Photoshop, but it’s a quite an old problem, still not solved completely maybe?

Maybe having a powerful Video Card and Ram solve the problem since I noticed my pc get slower while bugging. Here a sample video of my same problem:

Did you try what Mr Mauganda suggested in the comments ?

Giallo said

Definetly not the same issue i have, mine is literally straight lines from point A to B, but its very rare, this issue seems to even increase the brush size and appears with quite some frequency, seems many people do have it while others never did, i would highly suggest you to get an exchange while you just bought and hope the next one is okay. A quick search and you see people with all sort of OS and Cintiqs complaining about it, so i believe its an hardware issue. Goodluck

Try this :

Adobe Support was able to help me with this. (Thanks Mr. Ganesh)
Exit out of photoshop
Go to C:\Users\YOUR*USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6
and rename the folder “Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings” to "Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings_OLD"
Then restart photoshop, and the random loss of pressure sensitivity goes away! Only thing that worked for me.
ansiaaa

Hey guys thank you for the support. I’m still trying, my last hope is exactly what TwistedDNA wrote, I did find that one too.

The conclusion is:

• This pressure bug problem happens with any Cintiq with Photoshop and Windows since 2012, on many different PCs
  • The Cintiq seems to work fine with Corel Painter
  • No problems with Macs as far as I read, mostly Windows.

Thanks for helping guys.

didn’t work. I’m having success with this trick, by the way Cintiq don’t work very good on Windows

http://www.dave-co.com/gutterzombie/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12654

Giallo said

didn’t work. I’m having success with this trick, by the way Cintiq don’t work very good on Windows

http://www.dave-co.com/gutterzombie/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12654

Doesnt work good on Windows because of this issue or there is something else going on ? By the way i saw people complaining about this on posts from 2008 and even to intuos 4 tablets, so this goes way back. But if this works at 9/10 like they say, its better than nothing.

that bug is huge, to work with is very annoying… I’m a bit sad the problem isn’t solved yet for me, while other lucky people seems to not have problems. Anyway I found some tricks to reduce this bug to the min. damage while working…is ok but not what I was expecting. I made this for fun, he’s angry:

Do you get the same problem if you try it in CS5 ?

Giallo said

Super awesome , its amazing .

Giallo said

Nicely done, did you used a ref ?

I had this problem too. My solution was to install all the software from the CD and restart photoshop. Then everything is working :slight_smile:

I’m deleting files in System32 folder named pcTablet and weird stuff, then I’ll try again for the 1541 time to reinstall. Maybe with a better PC it should work fine…I don’t know.

Dfinepixel thx, no I just got some ideas from Google and then started from scratch.
@Blerc @DNA thx guys I don’t have cs5, but I’d like to work with 6…

Giallo said

I’m deleting files in System32 folder named pcTablet and weird stuff, then I’ll try again for the 1541 time to reinstall. Maybe with a better PC it should work fine…I don’t know.

Dfinepixel thx, no I just got some ideas from Google and then started from scratch.

Ah, bravo, great artist you are. Wish you goodluck with that tablet problem, hope it gets solved soon.

Giallo said

I wonder what would you do if his tablet had no issues ,
My eyes can’t stand more awesomeness than this one .
Although I hope your tablet will be fixed in no time.

Thank you guys for the support :slight_smile: specially you two guys. I think I will try this tablet on a Macintosh machine, because after all day on my Windows I only succeeded in deleting important system files.

@DNA is a matter of excercise no skills, just tenacy. Thx again guys