Choosing CMS for e-commerce website development

Hi everyone. What CMSs do you believe to be the best one for building an e-commerce website? I heard that Drupal is getting outdated and it’s better to use something like Wordpress or Magento. The website must include an e-shop, withstand high loads (like those that appear on Black Fridays), and serve for users from all over the world.

1 Like

Hello @dianablak17

Thanks for part of envato community

We made joomla themes for e-commerce using j2store and virtuemart

you can check joomlastars portfolio for joomla CMS

WordPress is best otherwise you can choose Opencar too as preferred option

Thank you for the answer!

1 Like

Thank you!)

1 Like

There are lots of CMS for now, all the needed plugins are available to create your own eCommerce website. All it depends from your skills, how do you want your store will look like and how your store you want to be created.

Also it’s important to understand what platform you want to use open-source or none open-source Speaking about open-source platforms I want to say about Magento. It is free for download platform, except Enterprise version. or you can work with WooCommerce, it is really simple and easy to setup and get going.

Wordpress is one of the best and most convenient one also based on your expertise and skills set it depends at which cms you are feasible to work with :computer::v:

Hi,

I am having 5+ years of experience in Web development.

I have worked on Most of the CMS like WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Magento etc.

I suggest you try Shopify it is highly secure and fast. Even Magento 2.x is also very good. Clients who are having a website in Magento 1.x now they want to migrate their website to Magento 2.x. All SEO will effect.

Shopify is the best solution’s but all the App and the Theme are paid and even Shopify App are monthly paid.

You have to select CMS according to your budget.

Regards
Cyber Web Expert.

Hello,

Check PrestaShop is an efficient and innovative e-commerce solution with all the features you need. This platform has always be by your side.

Thanks.

The solutions you have named are no doubt good. However, these were extremely well performing technology a decade ago.

Now the times have changed. The eCommerce sites that were developed over a decade ago with those technologies that were popular then are no longer scalable.

Now, we have NodeJS, Angular, React, Golang and these technologies are 2k technologies that are highly scalable and can develop websites that are speedier, scalable and durable. They can build websites that can sustain huge traffic tsunamis.

When it comes to eCommerce, I recommend Node.js tech stack with React or Angular Storefront. NodeJS being an asynchronous programming language can build fast performing websites and Angular being a single page application can help fast load time for the eCommerce portals.

I have experienced this myself. Earlier, I was using PHP for eCommerce development. As I started finding scalability issues as my Clients’ business grew, especially during the pandemic. I found that the websites I developed are not scalable. So, I did a lot of research and found that NodeJS can handle high load and can scale as per the growth of business. With inbuilt Node clusters, NodeJS can handle huge load very capably.

I just did further research to find if there are any readily available and customizable solution. I bumped into www.spurtcommerce.com. I tried their Community edition first and I was amazed to see how the eCommerce website scales. Then, I went for their Multi-Vendor platform. I’m happy with the purchase of their premium edition also. The source code they provide is helping me develop fast and scalable eCommerce platforms.

Hi @dianablak17

if you want the best eCommerce store, you can go for Shopify services. Shopify has a lot of features to run your online store smoothly and for SEO purposes it gives you a number of features.