Child Theme Style.css Sheet Customization

Hi guys,

Many thanks in advance for the help.
Im quite new in web design and have been wondering how can I start working with the style.css sheet in Child Themes I have bought in Themeforest. I always work with the parent Theme and edit with Add Custom CSS in the customization section of WordPress dashboard but I read that it is not recommended because with updates I can loose everything. Is that so? Child is my alternative? I have installed both themes now but don’t know how to access the style.css information when I enter the sheet with the child theme activated. Is there a recommendation for working with styles sheets in child’s themes?

Many thanks

You can access it under Appearance / Editor (just choose which theme to edit in top right).

However, if you plan to spend more time with it, then it is much better to use some full-on code editor software with FTP support. If you are on Windows, then Notepad++ is a good choice.

I always work with the parent Theme and edit with Add Custom CSS in the customization section of WordPress dashboard but I read that it is not recommended because with updates I can loose everything

That is not true, you won’t lose that on the theme update. But you will probably lose it when you switch theme (even to another child theme) as Customizer settings are generally saved per theme. But anyway, if you plan to add more then just few CSS lines, editing style.css of the child theme is always a good idea.