Child theme for xtheme

Hi,
I need to create a child theme for an X-theme site that I “inherited” in order to install tag code for Google Tag manager. I understand xtheme has a child theme, however, I don’t know where to go to find it. Also, will I need to export the entire site from the parent theme to the child theme or can I just make the changes I need to the header files and body files? Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Hello @robynola

Welcome to the forums! Please go back to your downloads page and download the theme again, making sure to select “ All files amp documentation”

CloudApp

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly however, I have another issue. I have the original license certificate that was purchased a long time ago but it is in the original developer’s name. The developer can’t get into his account because he no longer has the correct user name, password or the email account (he let the domain expire a long time ago) so he has no access to the license to make changes to it. Is there anything we can do? I would like to find the best solution so that the website is not messed up because of it.