"Cheers to 30 Years of Photoshop" campaign FAQ

General information

What is the “Cheers to 30 years of Photoshop” Sale Campaign?

Adobe Photoshop was first released on 19th February 1990. Which means in February 2020 the software is celebrating its 30 year anniversary! Envato Market will mark this occasion with a sale campaign highlighting GraphicRiver’s Photoshop related items.

This campaign will feature 30% off ~100 items from GraphicRiver only on a dedicated campaign landing page, with focus on Photoshop compatible (best selling, trending and new) author-nominated items.

The campaign landing page will be promoted through Envato’s marketing channels, including on-site promotion, email and affiliates. Our “Cheers to 30 years of Photoshop“ campaign will be live between Tuesday, 18th February (5am UTC) and Thursday 20th February (5am UTC) 2020.

Detailed timeline of events

• Friday, 10 January: We launch the nomination process
  • Sunday, 19 January: Item nominations close. Remember to set your item price before this date (so if you’re experimenting with price at all, make sure it’s set to your normal price by this date).
  • Tuesday, 28 January: We will inform the authors of selected items and provide more details via email.
  • Tuesday, 18 February: The campaign begins at 5am UTC, and promotional prices are automatically applied to selected items.
  • Thursday, 20 February: Promotional campaign ends at 5am UTC. We’ll send an email letting all participating authors know that the campaign has closed.

To convert the campaign start and end UTC times to your timezone, click here.

Nominating items

Are there minimum sales requirements for items in this campaign?

This campaign does not require minimum sales or ratings for item nominations. However, both will factor into our decision on what to include in the campaign. This campaign is for GraphicRiver only.

How do I nominate a Discounted File for this campaign?

Follow the instructions in this thread:

Will the feature section of the landing page be used during this campaign?

Yes, there will be two sections of the landing page to display sale items. The majority of selected items will be displayed in the main sale section, while a limited number of items will receive special exposure in a feature section at the top of the campaign landing page.

The feature items are hand-picked by Envato staff from all items nominated by authors and represent the best Envato Market has to offer. While we can’t promise that your items will definitely be chosen, we’d love to see the best of your portfolio nominated for consideration.

All items will be displayed for the full duration of the campaign period.

Item selection

How and when will I be told if my item(s) are chosen to be on the landing page?

We will contact all authors whose items are selected for promotion on the landing page by Tuesday 28th January. Please note that we will only contact authors whose items have been selected for promotion on our campaign page.

What if I want to withdraw my nomination?

If you’ve changed your mind, please contact us via communitymarketing@envato.com and we will remove your item nomination.

If my item is selected will it remain on the landing page throughout the entire promotion?

Probably! We’ll be periodically reviewing the page to make sure we’re putting our best foot forward in promoting great deals for our customers, and to make sure buying customers have certainty around pricing and the extent of discounts.

For items to stay on the landing page, they’ll have to meet the promotional criteria for the whole campaign period. So for those items which do not meet the promotional criteria (ie, if you remove the discount, or attempt to re-price relevant sale items during the sale period), either:

• those items will automatically be removed from the promotion page (but will of course remain for sale on Envato Market); or
  • the discount will automatically re-applied, at the previously determined discounted rate.

Plus to maintain a cohesive ‘look and feel’ we reserve the right to add or remove items from the landing page for any reason in our sole discretion.

Will you add more items during the sale?

We occasionally need to add new items during a promotion, if other items have been removed from the sale. If we need to add additional items during the campaign, we’ll select these from the main campaign nomination list, and contact the authors via their Envato Market email address. We’ll aim to provide at least 24 hours notice to these authors.

How are items selected?

All items nominated must meet the criteria selection on the nomination threads. Items for the promotional page will then be chosen by the Envato Marketing team.

Who is responsible for changing the price of items?

All item prices will be automatically changed at the beginning of the Campaign sale, between 12am and 5am (UTC) on 18th February 2020. See above about changes to item prices during the campaign period, and what that means for eligibility.

After the promotion ends, you may want to leave a discount in place, manually return the item’s price to its original level, or set a different price altogether. As with all pricing decisions under our Author-Driven Pricing policy, that’s entirely up to you.

What happens after I nominate my item(s)?

• If your item(s) are selected, we will contact you via the email address registered for your Envato Market account.
  • We will provide information about how and when your item price will be changed.
  • We will provide a marketing image to use on your item page for the duration of the campaign.
  • Selected items will be added to our dedicated landing page which will be launched on Tuesday, 18th February at 5am UTC.

Any other questions?

If you’ve got any related questions, just reply to this forum topic :slight_smile: Everything you post here will be read by our team. Anything pertinent and/or important will be added to the FAQs, and we’ll post updates when new questions and answers have been added.

1 Like

Hi @RainbowWings!

Not at this stage, unfortunately - in order for us to advertise an item as having a discount, the base price must have been stable for at least 30 days (following the Discount and Promotional Pricing guidelines here).

You are always free to change your prices at any time, but any price changes to items selected for the “Cheers to 30 Years of Photoshop” campaign after January 19th will mean that item will be removed from this campaign.

2 Likes

Thanks BenLeong!
Now I get it.

I’m a bit confused about this campaign. Although it’s only on for a total of 3 days, I was expecting it to be a bit more prominent, but I don’t see ANY evidence of it’s existence on GraphicRiver or social media. There was a whole landing page created for it, but the only way I can find it is through the link in the email saying that it went live. The only thing saying that an item is on sale is the banner that was provided that most participating items have on their page, but other than that there’s no way to see that an item is actually on sale, I kinda thought the items on sale would have their original price crossed out with the sale price next to it, sort of like they have it on the landing page.

How is this promotion actually being promoted?

1 Like

Hi @XioxGraphix!

Promotion for the Photoshop landing page ran via a few different channels. Email is the biggest of these, with two campaigns sent (launch and reminder) to around 800k customers, focusing on people who have recently bought PS-related items.

We’ve also had banners on non-Market sites, most prominently on the Tuts+ design and illustration pages, and on the Envato blog. Affiliates are another channel that features heavily in these campaigns, with another team coordinating information for the network of affiliates who refer a lot of new customers to the marketplace.

The addition of Was/Now pricing displayed on Market item pages (as opposed to the version on the campaign landing page) is something that’s still in development, but should feature more heavily in future campaigns.

Was there a reason why it wasn’t more prominent, such as being posted on the Marketplaces and social media? I feel like that was a bit of a missed opportunity.