Changes to how we collect Billing Details

Hi, @Danga12, I have written support but not heard back when I noticed this thread. I, too, would love a screenshot of my latest invoice. Thanks!

I have no tax related questions.

The issue is simple, some fields can be automaticaly updated by using the information that we provide in the tax area and some fields can’t be updated by using the information provided in the tax area.

Basically the “Personal Information” page should not have the EU VAT and Company Name fields locked because there is no way to change that info.

I’m waiting for a reply from the staff.

@Envato staff Please explain what this sentence means: "Be aware that some buyers may require your full author details on their invoices for tax or other purposes. " That is written next to checkbox for hiding personal information. You said in this thread that address can never be exposed to customers. So what this sentence means? There is exception to “hide address” rule?

In some rare cases a buyer may need full details on a tax invoice (i.e. your name/company name) for a purchase they have made. In this case the buyer would most likely contact you to discuss options. All countries have different and wonderful tax and invoicing rules. Envato does a good job at trying to handle all of them but in some rare cases the generated invoice won’t be suitable for the buyers needs.

Our city/state/etc… has been on the buyer invoices for quite some time now.

Our name, city, state, post code and country is shown to the buyer. Our actual street address is not shown. And if we tick this new “hide” option it will hide our name on the invoice as well (so they only get city/state/post code/country).

Thanks mate, but there is no way to preview this, right? As in, if we click the invoice link on our statements we will only be seeing what WE see…correct?

…I ask because I did just that and noticed address details, etc were shown, though wanted to see it from a buyers point of view.

True upto some extent but not entirely correct - it was optional. Only if that information was filled and available, otherwise only the username was shared on the invoice.

Ok but my question was will street name and address be exposed to buyer in those rare cases or only our name or company name will be exposed to buyer in those rare cases?

Hi Themesphere[quote=“ThemeChills, post:41, topic:23313”]
…I ask because I did just that and noticed address details, etc were shown, though wanted to see it from a buyers point of view.
[/quote]
Hi ThemeChillis, correct. At this stage there is no feature to allow authors to preview how buyers see the authors details on the buyer version of the invoice. I can see that it would be valuable to authors and would clear up some confusion. I have added it to our list for assessment and estimation, etc.
Adam

1 Like

Author street name and number are never displayed on on buyer invoices.
Adam

@Danga12

There is no way for me by submitting a W8-BEN form to update my EU VAT and my Company Name.

The Company Name field isn’t present in the W8-BEN
My business is a “sole proprietorship” and I have to submit the W8-BEN
form as an Individual because my company isn’t a “Legal Entity” ( and
the W8-BEN-E is only for legal entities ) and the W8-BEN doesn’t include
a “Company Name” field. A business like a “sole proprietorship” like
mine although is not a “Legal Entity” has a company name and I should
enter the proper company name of my business.

The EU VAT field isn’t present in any W8 form ( not in the W8-BEN and not in the W8-BEN-E )
The EU VAT simply isn’t present in the W8 form, there are no fields available in
the W8 form that can be converted to an EU VAT, for example I have to
include my EU TIN in my W8-BEN form as a Foreign Tax Identification Number, and the EU TIN and the EU VAT are different things.

Please tell me which method I should use to update my EU VAT and my Company Name in the “Personal Information” area because doesn’t seem to exist a solution at the moment.

I’ve already posted the question in a reply above but I still have no answer.

Hi , please can you also send a “general” screenshot here, to let authors know which parts of the information will be shown to buyers if authors choose to hide their personal identity?

1 Like

@Danga12 My personal information still appear on first invoice statement in 2016, even i have check the option to hide it. Can Envato staff fixed it? Here is Invoice No IVIP7096082. Thanks.

Did you see the invoice from the buyers perspective?
What you see on your invoice is different from what the buyers see on the invoice from their perspectives.

ok. Thanks for the info.

@Danga12 thanks, appreciate the clarification.

Hey @Danga12, thanks for sending a copy of the invoice. Nice to see there is no street address, only city/zip/country. :monkey:

In addition, the announcement was done in holiday season. What a “coincidence” :confused:

Too late. The damage is already done.

At least be more serious about doing the announcements and changes in a proper time. During Christmas and New Year season people is not very active in Envato.