Changes To How Authors Receive Earnings Payouts From Envato

Sorry but that is just not the case. If more authors are complaining then it’s not an isolated thing.
It is most certainly Envato’s issue or at the least the intermediant bank which is a certain new york bank for us.

And with us we don’t have this issue of waiting for 7 days. So my point was that it is not a bank issue at least in our experience it was never a bank issue. I traded with various countries and various banks and the latest we waited was 3 days, almost all transactions were send one days and the next days the money was there. so to blame the transaction itself is just not fair in this case. Specially if in over 6 years there were no issues.

Ask yourself who is is likely to mess up big banks (for example our bank is the biggest government bank in our country) or is it something on Envato’s side.

And if you read carefully the main issue I have is the lack of communication yet again.

Same here, the money was always the same day the Envato sent the email.

Yeah, you’re right. Envato stole your money mate. Your theory stands much stronger. I was stating that the payment delay was always set to 2 to 5 business days by Envato’s own policy . Now that timeline is still followed ( it’s day 3 ) so where’s the fuss exactly? In the past you got your money instantly, now the payment is following the 2 to 5 business days that Envato has in their policy and the clear fact that they have no control over how SWIFT processes your payment.

So, again, what’s there to clarify?

And what do those banks have in common? A single sending source. This is the first month Envato sends payments automatically, by swift and other methods to THOUSANDS of authors. Until now, authors usually held on to their funds, especially like Swift where the withdraw tax is high, so the unusually large transaction volume can create delays, because the source ( Envato ) has never sent out in such large volumes before, so that can create hassles with bank verification.

It is an isolated thing. Payoneer and PayPal processed. With delays. Have you asked yourself why? This is the first month Envato pays out all authors that made earnings automatically. I’m guessing you can imagine what happens when you go out with 20.000 submission papers for SWIFT, and I’m guessing you heard that SWIFT can verify transfers when they see something out of the ordinary. How’s an extra 15.000 payments for you? I’d say pretty much very out of the ordinary.

It’s most certainly the case, each month you send 50$ to a few off shore, then all of a sudden you send 50.000$ to a few hundred people. Your transactions will be audited/verified. That’s an instant delay there.

None of them. Envato send the Payment, the bank held it for verification. I see no one to blame except for useless bureaucracy. It’s a bureaucracy thing we all hate but have to accept.

Please, calmly, no one claims and probably doesn’t even think that Envato could rob someone.

We are talking about a delay that has never happened before and applies to many authors from around the world, unless the sending or intermediary bank has changed, but here we should receive the information directly from Envato.

I don’t care about the high volumes as they don’t care about our legal systems which penalize us for being late. As a bunch of people here stated that we had plenty of time to prepare they have also plenty of time to prepare for this large volumes.

In the past they even paid out on 13th, if that is a foreseeable issue why didn’t they start to pay out earlier? Why do they always push the limit?

And again why were we not informed “payments could be later then usual” is that so hard, we would at least have time to notify all we need of this and make arrangements if we could.

And as @QuanticaLabs stated nobody is blaming anybody of stealing it is simply the point of lack of communication again.

I’m very clamly :joy: the thing was that offering an explanation to an author that is blindsided only to their theory never gets the conversation anywhere.

Envato can’t offer any info on a bank verification process. When you send money via SWIFT you get a paper, that’s it. Whatever the bank does after that, Envato only gets notified when a payment bounces.

The fact that you guys opened support tickets escalated these, but what answer do you expect from Envato?

• Step 1 - Wait for 5 - 7 days to see if they pass
  • Step 2 - Get in touch with the bank and get SWIFT transfer information
  • Step 3 - Solve the issue with the bank and get things moving along
  • Step 4 - Inform Authors and provide further info.

At the moment, there’s absolutely nothing to give you guys feedback on. Since it’s normal for Swift to take between 2 and 7 days ( Envato says 5, Swift says 7 )

In theory, until this grace period passes, nothing is wrong. So there is nothing to communicate to the community.

Well, you don’t care. The law is the law, and law’s don’t need my, yours or anyone else’s caring. Envato shouldn’t care about your legal system, my legal system or anyones.

Payments are sent on the 15th, can take up to 5 days to process. translates to = you have all the information you need to setup your company tax dates. If you set it on the 16th, that’s carelessness on your behalf.

And what, you just simulate the sending of $1.000.000 to $5.000.000 to 50.000 or or more accounts to an unknown amount of banks through an unknown amount of jurisdictions? I’m dying to hear HOW you’d imagine they prepare for anything of this magnitude.

That was an exception.

How again is Envato to blame for this? Everyone got paid. They issued payouts on the 15th, so theoretically, these terms apply to you too

Once your payment has been processed (assuming that you have provided us the correct account details), you will generally receive the money in your bank account in approximately two business days.
However, occasionally the transfer can take up to 5 business days. If you have not received your money after 5 business days from the time you receive our payment confirmation email, then please contact support immediately and we will be happy to assist you.

Important Note:
Envato cannot be held responsible for delays, extra costs or financial loss that arises from being provided incorrect account information. Please ensure that you double check the details with your financial institution prior to submitting a request for a SWIFT Wire Transfer.

Swift is a very delicate matter, you really don’t want to understand that.

Because until the 5 to 7 days pass, the payments are proceeding as expected. Where’s the unusual delay? :slight_smile:

And as I stated in my reply to @QuanticaLabs, I’m against conspiracy theories and theorists. Therefore, a transfer that takes between instant and 5-7 days, that until now you got on day 1, has not arrived yet, and we’re in day 3.

Tell me why do you want anyone to give anyone any statement, since it’s day 3 out of 5-7, nothing unusual here! :slight_smile:

@Enabled man are you that brainwashed that you have to act like every form of criticism towards Envato (and we’re 100% entitled to it) is personal attack to you? Calm down please, it’s hard to read those forums with your replies (and I’m not talking only about this thread) defending Envato like your life depends on it.

2 Likes

No, I’m not. I’d really appreciate a professional and courteous attitude however. Regarding your criticism retort, I’m just stating the obvious terms found here.

However, occasionally the transfer can take up to 5 business days. If you have not received your money after 5 business days from the time you receive our payment confirmation email, then please contact support immediately and we will be happy to assist you.

Not defending anything, just copy pasting terms, and everyone thinks that they’re entitled to special terms to them. :slight_smile:

If you were receiving since 7 years every payment the same day Envato has processed it then you might be concerened if you didn’t receive it after 3 days. It’s just unusual and would be great if Envato will calm down us and just tell “yes, there are delays but we will proceed your withdrawals within few days, sorry”.

4 Likes

I understand that mate, but with the changes to the system, the delay may exist, but until 5 days pass, there is no delay and this is expected, and that’s why this policy exists (check the bottom part).

4 days to be exact, which is uncommon for any SWIFT transfer

Just to inform you, the payout (SWIFT) was finally received. I was a bit worried before because this is the largest sum of money withdrawn in my Envato history. I sent a support ticket asking for the assistance on this matter and then money finally arrived. I’m not sure if they followed it up or just a coincidence.

1 Like

That’s great news, thanks

Yea we also got it… and got a message that there was an issue on envatos end. Now I have to sort issues that arose coz of late payment we had :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Finally, the payout arrived (an error on Envato’s end while processing) :+1:

3 Likes

I am still waiting on my payout. Hopefully its there tomorrow.

Today would be the fifth day and my bank is almost closed. What is going on with my SWIFT transfer?

I’m surprised you are still asking this on the forums. Please open a ticket on Envato Help and Support . Authors, Buyers and Moderators can’t see any information about your account, and you can be sure Envato Staff will not provide any account related information, especially something as sensitive as payments on the forums.

2 Likes