Changes To How Authors Receive Earnings Payouts From Envato

Seems to me the withdrawal limit has been changed for Payoneer?

Ah, I read PayPal. My bad! :smiley: Payoneer was 20$ all along. PayPal was 50$ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Envato… What is your objective? Drive out all the Authors? If you had ZERO authors envato wouldn’t even exist. How about coming up with some ideas and help improve sales and communication better incentives?

Realistically you guys are forcing us to pay additional fees that WE DO NOT want to pay. Regardless of the “terms or reasons you guys are doing this” it wasn’t a big deal back then 2 years ago but now it is? How about some transparency?

Lastly please dont tell me to go somewhere else because i will and take out all my designs and you guys wont see a penny from my account!

To stay legal internationally and not get shut down because by holding your money for you they can be considered a bank in certain countries which is highly illegal? Or it might be because holding a lot of money for authors gets them extra taxes. In either case. Envato shouldn’t be charged extra / considered a bank / considered a “saving account” since that’s not what they are. It’s your money, not Envato’s. They have absolutely no reason to hold that money, and they can send it whenever they need to to abide to international laws and treaties. Especially since Envato is an international company.

Yeah, by sending me money automatically monthly without any extra added taxes, I’m going to go ahead and just shut down my account. Come on, how is this a bad thing?! If you have a partner that you send money to, use Payoneer or PayPal, if you can’t and you can only use Swift, well, that indeed is a nasty situation, but from the 62.000 + authors here, the percentage of authors that will not be able to collaborate with someone only via PayPal or Payoneer but only via Swift, is INCREDIBLY small.

So drive out all the authors? Not going to happen.

No one is forcing you to pay anything. Can you please name the taxes that were introduced with this new system? What are you paying extra? As an individual author this adds absolutely 0 taxes. The only thing you pay extra is if you send money to associates, or swift transactions, but considering Payoneer and PayPal are international, I see no excuse on that.

Yeah, how about we go to Apple and ask them to share revenue details, plans, international laws, details about how they run the company… or Google, or you name a company that will share their business strategy combined with accounting and international laws and transaction policies.

Mate, please, use some common sense and logic when making such claims. Let’s recap this thread.

1. This was announced in 2015, so there were 2 years of preparation time.
  2. This does not add any taxes to the author. Same minimum amounts are here, same payment gates, only payments are now made automatically and monthly.
  3. Transparency in legal matters of a company that affects their revenue and their accounting, no one, and I mean absolutely no one will share this with us. That’s a guaranteed fact. These are company secrets.
  4. Ideas to help improve sales? Plenty of them are being announced every week, newsletters sent with marketing strategies, campaigns, author hub with promoted content, what about those? Half of these didn’t even exist a few years back? :slight_smile:

At least take some time and read the entire thread, especially the posts that @jamesgiroux made. It’s clear that you haven’t and just read some of the conspiracy theories authors made. There are no new taxes. This was announced 2 years ago.

Hey!

I would like to use Payoneer as my payout destination but not the existing one. I need to set up a new Payoneer, the same with the account owner.
However, it seems that my account has engaged with the existing Payoneer account.

How can I change this?

Thanks
Stav

Speak to support.

1 Like

Dislike it. Very bad. Especially automated payments. Well it is OK to prove wallet account ownership, but everything else … - no comments. Why have you done this? And what will be with the deposits? If I got your idea right - you do not want to let authors to accumulate their funds - this will help you to earn more on the commission.

Very fast answer, Envato is not a bank. The long answer might have to do with international laws and accounting that has been discussed throughout this topic… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @SpaceStockFootage @Enabled

Do you know what finally happened when I asked from Envato support to guide me on how to change the Payoneer account?

MESSAGE 1 from Support:
Hello Stav,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have unlinked this for you.

You will need to let Payoneer know that you are changing accounts, once this has been done then you will be able to log into your account and add your new details.

MESSAGE 2 from Support:
Apologies Stav, as Payoneer needs a linked account this was removed and so will not be paid out in March now.

Please ensure you link your new account so this will be paid out in April.

MESSAGE 3 from Support:
I am sorry that this was cancelled Stav, we unlinked this as you requested but were not aware that you had a current withdrawal in process.

There is no way for this to be restored and so this will be paid our in April under our new payout system.

Thanks

So, we will not be paid out in March just because someone from the support cancelled our latest withdrawal. Is there anyone who can help here?

I want to change the payments from PayPal to the Pioneer. How and where to do it today? There is no more usual choice for raising funds (* the design of these tabs has changed). Please, help!

Thank you so much!

Mate, absolutely no offence intended, but you’re making this sound like it’s my or @SpaceStockFootage fault for pointing you to support, which is not.

Let me break this down. Firstly, this was announced well over 2 years ago, and again, 2 months ago, enough time for preparation, and secondly, you indeed posted a conversation from support ( which is not recommended on the forums, because, no one here can help you like support can ) in which you only show the messages from the support officer. I’m not saying support cannot make a mistake, as they’re human like me or you, but I don’t know ( and please don’t post the message here ) what the conversation was that lead the support officer into understanding he / she should cancel your transaction.

Again, and I’m emphasizing this. Why have you and a lot of other users treat this situation with so much carelessness? It’s your earnings, your money, and your decision for such an important thing was to leave it until the last moment? I’m sorry mate, but I really don’t see how this is Envato’s fault.

I recommend you continue your message with support and request they elevate the status of your situation higher. If indeed it was a mistake by support, I’m certain it can be resolved. However, if this was a misunderstanding due to bad explanations from your side, I don’t know the procedure. I’m just a moderator looking out for your best interest. And if my opinion on this matter is to honest, I strongly believe you were not giving this situation the attention it needed based on it’s importance. Personally, the moment this was announced I checked, double checked, triple checked everything and within 1 week my account was 100% up to date with the requirements.

Continue your request with support mate. This data is account related, so me, @SpaceStockFootage, or anyone else on this thread cannot help you. We can just point you to support, where staff have access to your account information. And if indeed a staff member made a mistake, you can request a re-check. However, these are private matters, and as mentioned previously, should stay private as there’s nothing we can do here to help.

Cheers mate!

Along the way I wanted to ask … Earlier it was possible to see the total amount for withdrawal of funds for the next month (that is, this and the next) Now it will always be visible only for the current month? “Next payout”**

Yeah, you still can. Considering the system is automated now, the amount you see near your username at the top right side of the screen, will be the total amount that will be withdrawn. Considering all earnings will be automatically sent to your payment gate, that means the total balance of your account. Or did I understand you wrong?

I understand that the amount for the next month (March) will be displayed after April 1? In this column.

Yeap, you’ll see the total amount to be received in April (earned in March) in the “Next Payout” column! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your response!
Just to clarify that I had no intention to make this sound like it’s yours or @SpaceStockFootage fault. I wanted to inform any other author and see if there is any chance to get help here. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!
On the other hand, I totally disagree that it was not Envato’s fault. Actually, it is more than obvious that it was support agent’s fault.
Additionally, the deadline for this is at the end of month so I cannot find any reason for taking action earlier. I used the old method to get paid in March (as any other author here) and next day I just asked for support, nothing more nothing less. And the result is that I will not get paid in March. This is clear I think.

Let’s say for just once that authors cannot be blamed for everything.

Thanks again!