Changes To How Authors Receive Earnings Payouts From Envato

I am not sure but I think when you set up paypal or payoneer it takes you to the payoneer website & there you verify but again I am not sure. However Envato staff can confirm this.

I am not sure but I think when you set up paypal or payoneer it takes you to the payoneer website & there you verify there and as an automatic withdrawal process is set up. However Envato staff can confirm this.

Yes, this was mentioned in the beginning and throughout the thread. You must own both your Envato Account ( as the Tax information you submitted ) and the Payment account ( must match that information ) … quotes from James below.

1 Like

All right. But PayPal will not give personal information on the account except the account holder and law enforcement (as I know)

Or do I understand that we will need to write in support( from oneself ) PayPal so that they confirm the data?

I know the same thing! @jamesgiroux, could you please confirm what information PayPal is giving you in relation to our accounts? As @CleanMagicAudio stated, from what I know from their Terms of Service they provide only the name.

What I am guessing, and James can confirm, that after they send the Payment they get this information. And this information is visible between you and whoever you’re sending and receiving money from. In which case it’s easy for them to correlate the accounts.

@jamesgiroux, can you please confirm? My main issue is if we have a typo, a miss-placed word, does the payment bounce automatically? How do we go around that?

1 Like

Many thanks @Enabled ! Although you probably are right, I did not even think about it :slight_smile: I wonder what he will say @jamesgiroux

1 Like

One question: What happens to the money if someone not added the payment method?

I think admins want to purge the marketplace from any scam or suspicious authors. That’s why it should be one name, one account, one responsibility for possible copyright or any author issues. So, seems all inactive or empty data/payment method author accounts will be flagged at least or deleted then.

1 Like
1 Like

I understand. :kissing_heart:
Let’s make money, not war :wink:

5 Likes

hi, maybe will be better if you can rise procent from earning and in this situation, users can pay taxes and Envato will be happy with this new rule

There are no new taxes added. Taxes will appear only for certain users, not all. As an author, I see how an decrease in taxes and an increase in earnings percentage can be awesome, but there are no new taxes added, therefore this would be highly unlikely …

Every author here wants 100% earnings rate! :smile:

New taxes no, new fees yes. So as a sign of good faith, increasing author’s selling percent is something to consider, if this decisions are taken with growth in mind, then that targeted growth should cover up the percentage rise. :grin:

2 Likes

There are no new fees either. Withdrawals have been made automatic and monthly, nothing else has changed. If you use swift, you’ll still pay the 25$ fee as usual, but monthly.

Please don’t be misinformed. No new fee/tax has been added.

I didn’t mean to say that the new fees were introduced by envato, but there are new fees when transferring money between authors (partnership) on paypal, for example, now that we must withdraw on one account only.

2 Likes

That is correct, it sounded like Envato added new taxes / fees and that’s a dangerous thing to say since it will start a new conspiracy war! That’s why I wanted to correct you. Cheers mate!

1 Like

Envato is a highly unstable marketplace. Authors are having a hard time since the start of 2016.

3 Likes

Hello, I see many people here complaining about bank fees.

I am very new here, so please forgive me if my question is stupid… but why don’t you use paypal then?
It seems the fee for each transaction, using paypal, is mainly a percentage of the amount, which varies but is around 4% and the fixed fee is ridiculously low, around $0.30…

So it seem it depends on your amount of transactions, but being a very low seller for now, I am pretty sure this is a better solution than using a bank account and paying the ridiculous fees some of you seem to have ($84 ?? seriously?)
In fact I did not know Envato could pay you directly using bank accounts, so I gave my paypal account, feeling that anyway it would be more practical.

From there, I can then choose when I want to transfer from Paypal to my current bank account, but this won’t happen as many services, and online stores accept Paypal directly now, so no need for the money to transit via my bank.

I am sure there is something I am missing here - and I am probably wrong as so many people seem to use their bank account…

Because half of the world does not support Paypal. A lot of countries blocking Paypal, cause Paypal does not fit the rules.

1 Like