Changes To How Authors Receive Earnings Payouts From Envato

Please mind your language.

If you look at things from a different perspective, you’ll realize, it’s for our best.

1. Envato doesn’t abide to international rules for money payment = Envato get’s closed = we’re all out!
  2. Envato abides to international rules for money payment = we get an extra fee IF AND ONLY IF WE HAVE PARTNERS = most of us are okay, some of us have extra taxes.

This rule was announced almost 2 years ago, and now it’s being enforced. Welcome to international money laws, where the company gets blamed for something governments set in place…

1. Introducing new fees - Absolutely no new fee was implemented. An international rule that was announced well over a year ago is now being enforced. Where do you see anything here about new taxes? Please show me.

2. Blocking Skrill - Envato didn’t block Skrill. Skrill changed their TOS. Fact Check - Skrill has been reinstated. - and as for what I see and read, Skrill wanted to move their business out of Australia, so Envato MUST have withdrawn Skrill as a Payment option, otherwise, that would have been INCREDIBLY illegal. More on the forums

3. killing partnerships, and vaguely pretending it’s for the greater good - Read my initial quote. Partnerships are not dead. You have to find a way to send money to your partner from now on.There are plenty of options discussed in this post.

4. mandatory monthly payments disregarding any losses that might occur if the author’s account isn’t ready - I’m really struggling here. So, let me get this right. You’re selling stuff, but you can’t get paid? I really don’t see how that is Envato’s issue… that sounds to me the absolute worst business model in the world. “I’m selling this product, but you can’t send me money”

Now, after your list, everything you’ve written, has nothing to do with Envato simply adding automatic withdrawals as a default ( you’d be amazed how many people forget to withdraw their cash monthly ) and by enforcing a rule that has everything to do with international laws and nothing to do with Envato’s business model.

Please check your facts, just throwing out wild accusations with no foundation or basis to their existence will only start useless conversations that can be terminated by a few simple, logical, and checked facts. I’m not saying not to have an opinion, but in this case, all the elements you’ve posted, have been covered, recovered, posted about, talked and re-talked, and the conclusions I’ve just stated.