Changes need to be made with the hard reject feedback

Many Authors like myself spend weeks and months working on unique themes which they hope to sell on themeforest marketplace which mostly benefits you as you earn a good percentage of our sales.

How do you think an author feels when the get a email saying this

Unfortunately your theme isn’t ready for ThemeForest and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or Envato Market policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies.

I know what they would feel lost and confused as they kind of know why they didn’t get it but they don’t know really how to fix their mistakes unless they try and submit again.

You give no detail on what they did wrong other than saying what they need to address next time

• High aesthetic understand this one
  • Quality but this one is one of the most vaguest answers i’ve ever got on any site
  • Envato Market policies also I understand this one

To top it off you go and say this to the author, giving yourself less work to worry about

Regrettably the Help and Quality Teams are unable to offer a critique or feedback on your rejected submission.

I think in the future when you reject someone’s theme, at least underline some issues etc

• the code had 23 errors try validating with W3 Validator before you submit a theme
  • the class names you used were in the incorrect format please try looking at the envato docs

So when they go submit a new theme they might have the chance of getting in and not getting the same result as it will only deter authors from trying to get in themeforest and trying another marketplaces.

The one thing I love about themeforest is how kind the authors are as they try and give feedback to the author’s theme who’s got rejected as they might know that feeling as they have also had a theme rejected before, but still it’s not the author’s job to do that.

Now here’s the thing I don’t get with my Hard Reject I was told that my aesthetics were not up to a high standard and I think I know my Typography, Color Palette , Spacing etc quite well

Here is my theme I built with ghost http://ghost.samrura.com/play/

The real shame here is I cannot submit this again and took around a month to build, another one of your great rules, im sure there is a great excuse for that like it cuts down on the theme submissions.

This message is not meant to be a spiteful message it’s just I don’t want this to happen to other author’s who spend months and once they get rejected they quit because the lack of feedback.