Category Page Update

Yep, I am here for over 8 years I had a good average month on April and suddenly may is a disaster not achieving half of April earnings. and this month I don’t Know I am in financial jeopardy and looking for other sources. I just put faith in Envato and I am slowly losing it. Seeing power elite authors also suffering nowadays I don’t have words. why Envato has chosen this route I did not understand. I hope Envato is hearing our voices and planning something for our aid.

13 Likes

I still do not understand why the authors cry in the comments, but continue to post projects. It is easier, for example, to stop posting for a month and it will suffocate ENVATO. If ENVATO is so stupid that they don’t want to hear the authors, the authors need to teach them a lesson. ENVATO are dependent on the authors and can’t do anything without us, so they need to be reminded. To increase the popularity of ELEMENTS, you could simply transfer there the projects of authors who have ceased to be updated or who are older than 1 year, or by some other criteria, and then everyone would be good. But ENVATO wants to make the most of the short term without worrying about the long term. It is necessary to Express its demands not on the forum and in actions… Raise the prices of existing products very high and stop posting new projects and only in this case you will be listened to.

6 Likes

yeah I really agree with you, stop sending new items, envato doesn’t appreciate the author at all, we have to be compact to solve this problem

2 Likes

It is sad that there will be rotten authors who will continue to place new projects, parasitizing on actions of people trying to achieve justice. Until we act together, we will not be heard…

3 Likes

after posting this post I started having problems with loading the site. this beginning…

3 Likes

Yes, You are right. we have to stop push items on TF

1 Like

highest sale in this category page is 4…

lol, “they are watching you”

3 Likes

Yes, let them watch, I’m still disappointed in them

6 Likes

This is just awful Envato! Have not seen a single wordpress theme from last 3 months that made to the top of weekly list. Why, because lots of new content that has been posted there is of low quality. Let’s be honest its not worthy anymore for authors to produce quality content because quality content takes a lot of time which no one is willing to invest. Everyone saw huge drop in sales and authors like me who have been working on a project for almost 2 years now without single penny are scared to death weather we will make living out of it or not :cry:

13 Likes

I feel really sad for reading most of these comments :pensive:

Authors who worked in the dark deserve being on the first page they earned it, Don’t be upset guys earn your place and don’t wait help from Envato or anyone else, Envato are offering us nice platform It’s our responsibility to push it.

4 Likes

@collis this is result of current envato category page update

Screenshot_1

7 Likes

Same for us we are in GR

3 Likes

Only 3 sales this month so far! You guys are destroying our business by doing this design! It’s been three years since I started this business and I think it’s time to take serious decisions if you will continue with this new design. I will either stop working on new items, start selling on my own site and other sites or stop this business entirely and look for another work.

15 Likes

I see that the number of new items has decreased,
I see that sales have fallen,
I see that Envato is dying.

Really sad…

9 Likes

@jamesgiroux @collis I think it’s time for Envato to change some words.

First of all, you need to write somewhere clearly that Envato is not part of the community, and the community is only the authors. Because if Envato is part of the community, then Envato violates its own principles and what is written below loses all meaning.

Envato Market Terms

Section: Playing fair

40. Community participation: We take great pride in our global and thriving community—it’s part of what makes the Envato Market great. We focus on transparency and mutual respect and invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say. Before participating on Envato Market, please read the Community Guidelines, as you agree to follow them as part of these terms.

There is no transparency here for a long time, because you first state one thing, then change your statements, keep silence about data, do not provide authors access to the ability to customize ads and track behavior etc.

There is no respect for a long time, you place an advertisement banner on all pages of the markets (even in a basket) that leads people to another market, where other authors locate their competitive items at a dumping price. And when many authors who do not belong and do not want to belong to that market, ask you to remove it, because these authors bring people into their portfolio in the main markets, you simply ignore it and continue to redirect people to your new market.

This is not Playing fair.

Community Rules

Section: Hard rules

We follow a few hard rules. Please DON’T:
Link to free items or products that compete with items sold on Market.

You write “We”, so you relate this rule to yourself. But once again I repeat, you place advertising banners, you make email companies (among the customers of the main markets), and redirect our common customers to a completely different market that has competitive products at a dumping price. When I say “our common customers”, I mean that not only Envato leads customers to the main markets, but also authors do it as well by ads or social networks. Thus, you increase your profits and the profits of those authors who joined another market. But many authors do not want to join the new market, because they do not agree with the price you set for the product and with your profit distribution system.

So you have to admit that Envato is not a community. Authors that’s who is this community. And you do this division yourself, breaking the great rules that you created from the very beginning. And also, you create unfair competition when you give certain authors more opportunities at the expense of other authors.

81 Likes

Wayman, you have nailed it on the head with this post on every level. You speak an absolute truth. And to all authors, it is time for everyone to simply move on. Envato is not a monopoly, It is a big market where a lot of customers come, but there really are hundreds of other markets out there. Everyone keeps looking for changes and answers to questions. The answers came as far as I am concerned and that answer is “we are not changing anything and the banner ad is not coming down.”

Envato has a history of ignoring author protests. We all wanted a minimum price once ADP was launched, it never came. We want the banner ad taken down, it’s not coming down. People want default search to be new releases, that never came. All music producers wanted title to not be ranked first to avoid 50,000 tracks being titled “corporate”, that was ignored. We asked for more visible licensing menus so customers can clearly see the various tiers, that was ignored. We suggested curated playlists to help buyers find new breaking curated tracks, that was ignored. I can go on and on.

One thing for sure though is that I have never seen Envato ever implement our suggestions. So we have our answer authors. If your earnings are declining it is time to make a change. You have no choice. I’ve seen people say “well we have nowhere else to go.” Really? If that is the case, turn the “problem” into opportunity. Band together and create a new market if need be. Us musicians have plenty of opportunity with dozens of other companies. Take advantage of it and move on. Remember the saying “don’t bite the hand that feeds you” we in this case we all need to think about “not feeding the beast that bites us.”

30 Likes

@collis Have you seen anything ?
Are you happy ?
A joke !

5 Likes

@jamesgiroux

Since we need to use social media to promote our projects so we get more sales can we have a query URL to hide the elements banner as @tommusrhodus said earlier. If the potential client has come to Envato from an author’s effort by posting links on different sites it’s fair the banner to be removed in this case because the author is trying to promote his products on the market and not Elements.

Also, I believe that if a sale has happened through a link, which has been posted on other sites, by the author Envato should get a smaller % of the money while % of the author gets boosted because the author has created the product himself and found the client by himself. @OlexandrIgnatov talked about this earlier.

If you do this authors will get motivated to promote their items and not wait Envato to do it. Subsequently, you will show that you actually engage with the authors and apply their ideas which will lead to positive comments on the forums by the authors.

35 Likes

Are there any news from the staff after the annoucement 20 days ago? @jamesgiroux finally is this the final design?

1 Like