Category Page Experiments

Might help to track how many times people switch from ‘your test sorting’ to the ‘newest items’ … that is one annoying user experience flow (maybe add a feature to set a custom sort).

1 Like

I’m satisfied =) March was way better than Feb and Jan

on behalf of team dynamic layers, please stop this experiment . this experiment affected our sale. :frowning:

1 Like

You are literally saying that to an Author…

2 Likes

Hi

Everyone except Envato Team we are all Authors here are commenting. This experiment is affecting to all Authors. As james already declared he will let us know the update, may be data analysis is taking some more time to finalize and also weekend now. We have already spent around 50 days and I think we can keep patience for some more times hopefully we will get a final update from james on Monday/Tuesday. Best wishes to all Authors.

Thanks

10 Likes

“Hello all. I will have an update in the next day or two. Thanks for your patience”

This was 7 days ago.

What an absolute joke.

13 Likes

Hi @jamesgiroux
Is it a new date?

Why don’t you guys back to your work and let Envato do it’s work ? Stop waiting for any official answer it won’t make any difference.

1 Like

Hi @jamesgiroux.

After 4 months of hard work and more than 30 soft rejection, today my first WordPress theme get approved,
I hope this Experiments end today

1 Like

Because, BeSqaures, we have been “back to our work” for the last 2 years developing a product for this market! 24 months of work from our team to build a product that we feel will add great value to this marketplace… only to be slapped in the face by this ridiculous “experiment” that allows absolutely zero exposure to new items!

On top of that, we are told that the experiment will end “Mid to late March”, and here we are on April 8th with AvadaForest still going strong!

And on top of that even still, we are told to expect an update “in the next day or two” this time last week, and we have been left completely in the dark with zero follow-up! The level of respect and care for new-comer products and authors is absolutely disgraceful for a company that prides itself on being community-driven!!

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of businesses and families that rely on their income from these marketplaces - and Envato are toying with these people’s lives, without even the common decency to keep us informed!

It is not acceptable!

17 Likes

I see the Experiments was end in themeforest …
Now i see anew items
Please clear chash and test it

Nope, i have cleared cache and cookies and it still shows Best sellers.
image_1946

4 Likes

your browser ?

Hi @Exill
i tested it in different ips , devices and browsers … all show new items

@Nile-Theme There is a 25% chance to get the the default sorting as Best sellers so you have to keep refreshing the category page and clearing its cookies over and over until you get to see it.

I tested it on Chrome and Firefox with different IPs and it will show Best sellers at some point.

So i think it affects all browsers and IPs.

1 Like

I know this comment isn’t going to make the slightest bit of difference, and I dunno why I’m really writing it knowing this lol… but I just want to point one thing out on the miracle someone at envato takes note and actually does something with it.

Okay I’ve read these experiments are causing higher convergence in sales, but these are clearly at the cost of sales from new items. Why is this so bad long term? Well, because trends (even corporate ones) will eventually change. Envato, if you shut out the chance for new items and authors to grow, once the trend changes your company is really going to suffer.

Competition in this industry is wild, a company with a more long term/artist friendly mindset will come along and beat you if you continue on this path.

Again, just some constructive criticism because even though I can go elsewhere, my music career has started here and I don’t want to see this company destroy itself over silly decisions. I want to look back to where it started a few years down the line and see a thriving community, not a graveyard!

I hope you come to the right conclusions from these experiments, thanks. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@Netrabeat I deleted my remark to James (which I wrote so as not to offend anyone), but I support you, new items should be higher than any other items in the search. It’s time to resolve this issue.

3 Likes

You still can get exposure from themeforest homepage, If your product is that strong you shouldn’t worry about the experiment :wink:

1 Like

What makes you sure about that?