Category Page Experiments

I am full of patience and respect to Envato team and all authors. I did not want to offend anyone. It’s just a joke in friday evening while we waiting for some news :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No harm done mate, the idea is that some perceive these as jokes and others perceive this as fuel and then the fire starts. As you guys noticed Moderators stayed out of this conversation, but we do monitor it and we only request you keep things civilized and try to keep conspiracy theories out of the thread.

A conversation as delicate as this only needs a match to start a fire, so let’s keep spicy jokes out of threads of this magnitude so they don’t get interpreted.

Cheers guys! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, you are right. Next time I will think better before i would post here anything like these. Have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hevada and @Enabled While I totally share your point of view, this is not a one-way street. When an Envato official representative says an experiment that highly affects the community members businesses will wrap up till the End of March, or when he says “I will get back to you in a day or two”, and then both promises are not kept, is no less disrespect than some spicy joke. As a matter of fact, a joke may frustrate a single person or two but being totally insensitive towards community members who feed families with this business is significantly more harmful practice.
Just food for thought.

13 Likes

From our point of view as Moderators who try to see both sides of the situation, it is a single way street, since our end goal is to keep topics clean, to the point, and to keep the feedback inside those threads relevant for staff to see. Please remember that Moderators are also authors mate, and this experiment is affecting us all of us in one way or another.

I perfectly understand the frustration of this situation, but starting a war in this thread won’t lead to anything good. This is why we only request to keep the conversation on topic and civilized. We’re not trying to silence the feedback you guys are providing.

As you so well and elegantly put it, just food for thought! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What do you think of James’ confessions? @Enabled

1 Like

I honestly have no thoughts on the matter. I’m certain this is done with the end goal to collect proper, accurate and good data for the better good of the Marketplaces. In the end data analysis like @hevada said, is something that takes time and attention! I’m as certain as possible that everything is done for the greater good of the entire Envato Ecosystem. In the end, Envato is a business, and every business has the same goal, to grow, grow and grow some more. In any case, have a great weekend guys! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My main constructive criticism of recent events is that dates and times should be much more clear that they’re subject to change.

I think this would save a lot of confusion in the future. :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Trending Items are disappeared from my screen.
This is the ultimate stage of experiment, or Best Sellers came to stay?

yeah or maybe u just do not express or express only if u are satisfied (more or less as expected), this way all people will be happy LOL come on! if u have to complain, u do! because i assume that u did not do to have fun and u would have rather liked not to have to do …

1 Like

the real deal is that people are not consulted, indeed, that there should be more of a partnership between authors and the platform , since we cannot exist without each other … but it looks like that the head office fails to realize about this and tends to believe that they can do without us and try to , by the way, with the introduction of placeit, just hope that people will never opt for things like this which are just animated jokes, design without creativity and so on …

3 Likes

Graphics still display “Best seller” … My team waiting for “Newest Items” … Envato are killing profesional team design :frowning:

Did you try clear browser cookie?

2 Likes

So you said that there are some people that…

can you please give me at least the one contact of an author who fully satisfied with this experiment and Envato team attitudes? Of course, excluding a dozen authors who have uploaded their items a gazillion years ago and produce nothing for the market right now.

In this branch, I had stood up for Envato but to be honest Envato itself “keep things” far away from “civilized”. Literally, thousands of people wait for some news from him every hour and got nothing despite what they were promised.

5 Likes

You’ve quoted me out of context with absolutely no connection to the point of the post I’ve made. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t get you right… my bad

1 Like

No worries, no harm done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is time to change name of marketplace from “ThemeForest” to “AvadaForest”

6 Likes

Hey #Jamesgiroux what is your purpose from the Experiment? You are testing by A/B/C/D.
If you spend 1 week for each category, you can get necessary resuls on a month. But it is continue since almost 2 months. Please Respect Authors !!!

1 Like

Do you understand Author’s worries?

1 Like