Category Page Experiments

Hi, My Sales in March Highest Profit. and April also same sales count running. I think not effected this my items. This experiment old items started new sales growth. I think this is better way Envato experiment for all items equal sales. Previously after 1 month new items suddenly sales down. Previously Only one month daily 5-10 items sales. But now 2-5 all items not new all items. Anyway my opinion New concept items always Better sales. I think creative items not damages any kind off experiment. But in this experiment shorting functions not working properly. When clicking shorting hard selected. Envato need to fix this issue.

This is what happened to my page views (from 3000/month to 290). Also, this affected my sales, new items barely sold…

3 Likes

Well, I guess they already end the experiments (experiments end !== the default sorting back to newest items). They already have the final decision (hopefully I’m wrong), so yeah… let’s moving forward! There is no point to discuss about this further, they don’t really heard us! :smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat:

2 Likes

Now is 2 April, Experiment still work, sales very very minium… bad fakt.

1 Like

Hello @jamesgiroux it’s 2nd April still experiment not ended.

Can you please tell us the update?

2 Likes

Hello all. I will have an update in the next day or two. Thanks for your patience.

33 Likes

I hope this doesn’t joke. In wait…

1 Like

I hope and I wait for the changes

Hopefully they will revert the changes back!

As you guys can see new items are not getting any sales https://themeforest.net/category/site-templates?sort=date

2 Likes

Wow !!! If you tell us really truly, it is very Perfect !!! Thanks #jamesgiroux

Thanks for the info, we will be waiting!

1 Like

I’ve spend about 100$k for the new theme development, which took 2 years for me and my team.
The HTML version had 730 sales for 6 months, but the WordPress verison has only 60 sales for 3 weeks.
Now I’m not sure if this my theme problem, or this was caused by this experiment.
All my future plans depends on this project and now I just don’t know what to do… I don’t have money, don’t have sales, I’ve fired half of my team…

4 Likes

I guess you’re talking about Berserk, it’s a lovely product, sorry to see you’re going through this. As long as Envato is doing experiments of this significance without any prior notice, none of us is safe from losing money or even going bankrupt. This is the sad reality Envato won’t talk about, all we have heard so far from an official representative is that “Overall conversion is higher”, which makes the majority of the authors zero service and is a very dangerous statement.

5 Likes

Envato Job interview:
Q: How can we give 100% exposure to items that are already getting 98% of exposure?

Guy1: Delete old items with less than 1k sales.
Envato: Cannot afford to appear so cruel. Rejected

Guy2: Stop accepting new items.
E: Have to appear innovating. Rejected

Guy3: Start hard rejecting everything
E: Good good, you’re getting there.

Guy4: Approve new items but…(whispers) HIDE THEM
E: Welcome aboard. Let’s discuss salary.

34 Likes

Hello to all! I want to share thoughts about the “best rated” tab on the number of stars in the works. I have been a seller for 8 years and noticed this trend. Buyers buy the project and if he is satisfied with them then they forget to evaluate the work. But if there is some kind of problem in the work that the buyers cannot solve, they write to the author and the author helps, in return he asks to put the stars. And in this case, the author gets the best rating and best sales!
In my opinion, you need to enter after the purchase of the work, a pop-up window “evaluate the work” and then the buyers will not forget to put stars on the projects. You can also enter another assessment for communicating with the author. Then the ratings will be more accurate.

14 Likes

100% agree with the previous comment ! Need to stimulate buyers to evaluate projects. I asked many times to evaluate my project after they bought it, but people do not do this, although they like everything and they use my product. Of the 100 people, only one finds the time and desire to evaluate the project! I don’t really like extortion. I don’t want to do this anymore, therefore, I’m not asking anyone to rate my items. And as a result - there are none) Not very objective system of ratings and searches for these ratings, it clearly needs some work. Thanks.

7 Likes

I fully agree with the presented topic.

Evaluation is made by those customers who cannot understand the projects and are in correspondence with the author, and after the communication they express their appreciation to the project. But if a client bought a product and didn’t have any difficulties in the project, he easily and quickly used it for his own efforts and was satisfied, he forgets to rate the project.

Conclusion if the work causes more questions in the internal structure of the project, the higher its rating and the more sales it attracts and it falls into the trend.

This is my opinion and on this occasion it is necessary to carry out an analysis, and not the experiment that was conducted.

2 Likes

I require the continuation of the experiment! Revenues are just crazy!!!))) SmartSelectImage_2019-04-03-00-15-48

12 Likes

Fun fact
Your last sale was $15 5 days ago.

2 Likes