Category Page Experiments

For 1.5 months of the experiment, I now have 9 new items with 0 sales. All of them will be deleted and moved to other libraries, because here, as I understand, new items are no longer needed.

3 Likes

Thank you @CleanMagicAudio - I am not saying that they should keep this model/experiment - I have only shared my experience. Maybe when they return the old one, my sales will be more better :slight_smile:

And yes, you are right - the first items should be new one if they want to move forward (otherwise they will remain in the “Stone Age”). We will see soon if this experiment is over.

3 Likes

Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear from you! :blush:
And do not forget that new items carry a larger income and freshness for the buyer! Absolutely any market is based on new items. This is called development and evolution! :blush:
This is an explosion for the stocks of a positive effect!

7 Likes

Making a buck here and now isn’t the best option in terms of further Envato progress. If you don’t care, who else cares? It’s a very shaky choice to rely only on top authors and cheap elements. Hey, let’s move forward.

Hi @jamesgiroux

You wrote this 1st of March, and today we are entering April. Please respect the most valuable resource we have on this planet, time.

A lot of authors are now planning their release of new items around or after this experiment. Delaying it further without any information of whats happening is only increasing the frustration about this. I have read here that many authors have items they have spent months or even years developing, and I’m sure they need to plan a thing or 2 upon release of their products.

Also, a question left unanswered is how the category pages will be updated for customers, will they need to clear their cookies? Or will this happen automatically?

Thank you for updating us!

6 Likes

@n2n44

It must not be strict 2015 - I am saying there are a lot out of date items (I am talking only about items on ThemeForest). When I say Out of that, I mean on visual part (design) on first place but also there are a lot of items which are not updated or the demo/live preview does not work any more.

don’t you understand that ENVATO will not cancel this experiment

yes , anyways i was sort of agreeing with u , but the thing is having a fixed date would not make the same sense in all marketplaces and according to the type of items, but for the general idea, we agree that very old unsold stuff should be taken out …

Any updates on the subjest would be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

We want to know the truth …
Are we in April and nothing new?

@jamesgiroux
@Enabled

4 Likes

We really regret submitting new items during this experiment. We are in April already, i think it’s time to end it!

2 Likes

So far I think its looking pretty good but I am just new to this.

I think the experiment is over and we will no longer see the new tracks by default. But I really hope that I’m wrong

2 Likes

Sorrow

The experiment is not finished yet, because everything also shows different sorting on all my different devices. I think it will end when it will be the same everywhere or when they themselves write about the end

1 Like

I hope so. There wasn’t any much communication or updates on it. Maybe they have difficulties closing the experiment.

А теперь продавцам надо пару месяцев не размещать новые проекты, что бы проверить выдержит ли это рынок. Ради эксперимента.

9 Likes

@jamesgiroux

I don’t know this experiment is bad/good for all authors but its personally really Bad for me. This is not about for all Authors. Some of really gets good number of sales and others are not.

As I’ve found Most comments are opposite to this Experiments, i’m going to share my own story.

I’ve launched one of my huge Admin Template which I’ve completed over 4 months with 4+ developers are continuously working on single product and we believe a lot of sales in short duration and I’m completely unknown about this Experiment before my product Approved.

After My Item Approval, I’ve gone through the Category page and found that something really the issue with Item Filter.

After, that I’ve submitted the ticket about this issue and in ticket replied I’ve got this forum post link by Support staff. At that time I’m understood, this was not the issue but the Experiment held by Envato.

I’ve Invested lots of $ to design & develop that product and got very few sales. (i.e. nothing 0.5% of my investment revenue).

As of my experience in previous products sales - I’m very much sure about the great sales for this new product. BUT its really fails.

I’m not pretty sure, this is due to this Experiment but somehow this is the main reason behind this whole story.

I’m not opposed to this Experiment BUT Envato must first inform all Authors about the Experiment will be held From this Date XX to this Date XX. So we will prepare our self first.

What’s your story? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought Envato’s communication was better than this.

I can’t help but feel we’ve all been deceived, and actually the default sorting of trending/best-selling is now permanent.

You’re seriously toying with income that a lot of businesses and families rely on.

8 Likes

The thing that i don’t understand is that there is already a page full of popular items named “Popular Items”. To me, it would have just suffice to add more items to this page a mix of trending/best seller and promoting the page. As an author we’re always looking to the current standards of quality before submitting a project. Those standards went up over the years, making envato the highest quality platform there is. Undermining the newest items will push for sales of old project (sometimes not even updated). And lowering the quality standards of videohive to the eyes of the clients and other platforms. If this experiment is now permanent, the platform will loose many authors simply because of a lack of visibility.

8 Likes