Category Page Experiments

Yes, I understand it from the previous message :slight_smile:
Big up!
And thank you for your answer.
He is important to most authors:)

4 Likes

Do not get me wrong, I did not say that my clients said they could not pay for the experiment. They do not even know that there is such an experiment. What I said is that 2 clients wrote to me saying that they could not make the payment. The exact reasons I do not know, but like all developers, you should know that an experiment or change in the algorithm can also have its errors. or maybe as you suggest it is because they can not pay for x or y reason.

It is obvious that as a compliment of the rules I answered that they consult with the support of envato, or that they verify their credit cards.

regards

Why do you write this question in the topic of experiments? Maybe you should open a support ticket(contact support yourself if your customers don’t know where to write or give them(customers) a link) https://help.author.envato.com/hc/en-us ? This is a matter of payment, most likely (or payment transaction).

1 Like

That’s definitely not the case mate, it’s a completely unrelated matter. The search algorytm has nothing to do with the payment gateways. Be sure to follow my previous advice and @CleanMagicAudio’s and notify Envato Support. This may be a payment gateway error and getting it reported to avoid it in the future is essential.

Cheers mate! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

To avoid creating conspiracy theories Envato should tell authors real reasons for these kinds of experiments, not some basic level info that explains nothing to most of us. We are on the same boat, and all the authors deserve to be known at least about certain time frame of the experiment. But no one from the Envato team showed up with some explanations and dates. We are in the dark, try to dig deeper and deeper to find out what’s going on. Hope, it’ll end as soon as possible.

15 Likes

The reason is to collect data about the UI updates which can possibly rise the overall amount of sales. And it has been explained exactly this way, I’m not sure how it can be explained any further :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Seems like new items shows first now and things back to normal. If you ask me as an author page views dropped for me too.

1 Like

Confirmed. I see the new items list as well back to normal. Probably will take a bit of time until the cookie that set this expires for everyone, but, it seems that the experiment is now over! :slight_smile:

This is not an official statement, just my observations as an author

2 Likes

Νope, best sellers for me.

I cleared my cookies and checked after @Esmet stated it shows the newest ones. After clearing cookies everything showed back to normal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can confirm that from multiple devices, when logged in, the default display is “Best Sellers”.

1 Like

Experiment is over! Clear your cookies as mentionded from the moderator!

2 Likes

For me when themeforest showing Newest Item but when codecanyon it is showing Trending Items. So, I think not over and I think when will over an announcement will come from Envato Team.

1 Like

Go ahead and clear your cookies mate, it’s over. Tested on multiple devices. Cookies are timezone dependant, so it will take some time for everyone to see the change. :slight_smile:

This thread is no longer actively being monitored by staff as mentioned by James in his last post, so don’t expect a reply. They’ve already mentioned the time frame and as specified by staff this time frame has been met. Just clear the cookies! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Just I have changed the browser and found codecanyon is also showing Newest Item for category page. I think you are right mate. So, all community will need to clear cookies (if they can see Newest Item) to see the latest update and will show Newest Item first as we had for category page. Thank You

2 Likes

Glad to hear that. The cookie will expire today from what I saw ( Tuesday ), it just depends where “Tuesday” is depending for everyone in different time zones. :slight_smile:

i’m already cleared The cookie Now : Best rated …
what error?

1 Like

Tested from multiple devices, cookies deleted, incognito mode, different IP’s, logged in/not logged in, location: Belgium.

Still A/B/C/D here.

3 Likes

Still probs a bit hit and miss depending on the categories you’re searching. Looks like all of it will be wrapping up fully soon though. Will start uploading again now knowing that I can’t blame experiments for :poop: sales. I like experimenting myself, and with envato messing around too I can’t learn if my lack of sales are down to me or the algos, but glad it’s going back to “normal” now.

1 Like

That’s possible. James said it depends on the volume of traffic, so yeah, this can be a cause for some categories lagging behind. In any case, it’s definitely ending.

3 Likes