Category Page Experiments

Absolutely agree!!!

2 Likes

And all authors would like to hear the answer from envato team .

6 Likes

we can only dream about it))

As I see now, all new themes are invisible, but when I come to some category, for example Nonprofit https://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/nonprofit I see the first theme which doesn’t have any support and the latest update was 2016. Why don’t you use the old algorithm? The latest theme or the most Related theme is more logical. In this time all traffic goes to Avada, X, Enfold, etc. What should do usual authors?

3 Likes

I just realize on homepage of videohive there is no more files from authors you follow! I think this is not good. Some buyers love to stick with authors they follow. What do you ghys think? I have a very bad sales since december. :cry:

3 Likes

#StopExperimentPlease@jamesgiroux

2 Likes

Capitalism without moral boundaries leads to the same totalitarian social apocalypse that fake communist regimes used to sell us in the East European block… So my point is connected to three very important questions that WE ALL, as a tight community, need answers to.

1. Before you, as an Envato leadership team, decided to implement these experiments, were you aware that all our new items, uploaded recently, will become almost invisible, and if Yes, why didn’t you warn us not to be super active in uploading until the experiment us done?
  2. Before making such huge decisions why don’t you make polls, ask the community for ideas for the best ways to conduct such an experiment… Or you did ask just a few favourite authors and the other 99 percent are just sheep in the Envato herd, who need to be sheppered into Elements style markets?
  3. What if authors decided to make their own community experiment now and delete all of their new items uploaded and Reupload them again, after the experiment is done, so that they find out if the reviewing teams have the same levels of professionalism (As an experiment) and to get the much needed shine for their new items, which by the way have taken weeks to compose?!

You would be super mad, super aware that a whole month was lost, the sales graph will be sloping down, the reviewers would have been wasted a whole month of hard work and let’s just say it like it is - it would be a Disaster!

Well this is how most of the community feels right now, my dear Envato leadership creative mates!
I love Envato and Audiojungle, and the last five years i put so much time and resources into my career here, because i truly feel that I am a part of a super special community!
So please, don’t avoid our questions, feelings and suggestions, and PLEASE find a way to make it up to the whole community in some beautiful way that a truly creative team, like yours, could come up with!
P. S. Hint - New competitions and contests, giveaways, maybe even create an Author Day, with no Envato fees for that special day and most importantly: NO ELEMENT BANNERS ON THE MARKET!
Thank you for everything, Envato! Respect to all the authors and Long live this beautiful community!

36 Likes

I noticed the following for codecanyon on “PHP Scripts” category:

• If I logged in, The default sort by is “Best sellers”
  • If I’m not logged in, The default sort by is “Newest items” and sometimes becomes “Trending items”!!!

I hope these experiments to finish as soon as possible

1 Like

After 1 month category experiments if I review my sale I can see Per week my sale was around 15% decrease or increase. So, average sale was normal for me. But I stongly think Envato should to show Newest Item first for category pages. As we can see for marketting each store use a tag New Arrival to attract the customer and would like to introduce their New Arrival products to customer. In this way I think Envato will focuse most recent approved Items first. Otherwise customer will not be notified about newest approve Item and by this all Author will loss to present their Item quality to customer and Author will get a big loss from here. In search Filter there are many options (Best Rated, best sallers, Trending … etc) to search a Item. So, any customer can find their required features Item using search filter but at first I think should to focus Newest Item to customer. I believe Envato will take the Perfect decision.

7 Likes

very cool idea I support this :kissing:

2 Likes

also different browsers shows different algorythms

2 Likes

Envato If you want us to leave just say

6 Likes

I am thinking that this experiment goes further, because I have received 2 messages from clients who have not been able to buy my templates. I never pass this with the templates that I have in my account or with the partners.

That’s most certainly unrelated to the experiment. Ask your customers to get in touch with Envato Support so they can help them out with payment issues! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is what my clients wrote to me, you will know if it is related or not. And why do not they respond to the more than 300 authors who are asking to know when this experiment is going to end?

So a customer wrote to you and told you that he can no longer able to buy your files because of the category page experiments? Mkay… Let’s not start conspiracy theories here that are completely unrelated to what’s happening and without doubt absolutely impossible scenarios. Simply direct your customers to Envato Support. It means they are having payment gateway issues.

James already said that you should contact support for further replies and that this thread is no longer being actively monitored! :slight_smile:

As far as I understand that today it is not an experiment but a reality. Addition to the elements.

Another conspiracy theory… can we stick to facts?

Based on what James stated, the experiment will end shortly in this following period.

1 Like

Yes, we are all like facts - thanks for your answer .
It becomes difficult when you do not know how long this or that decision can last.

Middle to Late March… that means we’re in this period now so the experiment should end shortly. Cheers mate! :slight_smile:

6 Likes