Category Page Experiments

@jamesgiroux when even POWER Elite Authors are complaining about this, but we don’t get any new kind of response it seems that you (we mean Envato…this is NOT personal) just really don’t care about what authors think…that’s really sad…
tagging someone else to see if anyone can chime in…
@collis @BenLeong @KingDog

P.S. By the way, @fuelthemes that’s a really incredible and great looking theme, that amount of work really deserves all the exposure it can get :wink:

10 Likes

The worst period for last 2 years on Envato for me. A/B/C/D experiment definitely went wrong for non-elite authors.

2 Likes

Sorry to tell you but what makes your item different than Newspaper or MagPlus I know your item looks more modern with different design but for me it just another theme with many demos without any real niche, I think Envato will not stop this experiment unless authors understand what makes a good theme is not the number of demos or features because the market already filled up with many items that bring a huge number of demos… Themes like yours are killing the industry slowly.

This is not item discussion man :slight_smile: The point is that new items get half of the traffic they used to get.

Keep working till you get there :wink: GLWS.

6 Likes

It’s not about the item it’s about the experiment of sorting best sellers items by default :wink:

@fuelthemes forget to tell you good luck with creating theme with million demo keep working until you create the next Newspaper :grinning:

what a shame envato what a shame

2 Likes

Dear Envato and @jamesgiroux , how many authors you need to complain before you finally understand that your experiment sucks? are you waiting for 18k+ replies in feedback from every single account on AJ? Sales dropped dead! Its a FACT! How many complaints do you need to give us feedback about what are doing and what are you going to do to fix this situation? Are you going to fix this???!!! Or a dozen of Top authors is enough for your market? Please tell us and we will not lose our time any more at your marketplace trying to gain sales. Ive got 244 items in my portfolio and 6 (SIX!!!) sales for two weeks of March. In my case its a year and a half of everyday hard working and now its worth nothing???

28 Likes

@MomotMusic Yeah it’s been a month since the experiment started. @jamesgiroux Can we at least get an update on the process of it? Or roughly when do you expect to end it for all the different marketplaces, so we could plan out our new releases accordingly? (since now it makes no sense to release anything new lol) Thanks!

8 Likes

@Atamotion

3 Likes

You don’t just say something like this without further implications. What are the chances that this will become permanent after the experiment is over? I understand that you run the show and the final word is yours, but the authors at least deserve an honest answer because any such changes are having huge impact on our business and everyone has bills to pay.

7 Likes

All that you describe is tactical actions with an increase in general indicators for the month.
Strategy - what will be in 3-5-10 years
What the changes show is a rise in total traffic and a drop in sales.
It looks particularly bad that there is no point in creating new projects, since they are sold poorly or almost not sold.
Low sales - will motivate authors to look for another place to generate income.
What does the fall in the quality of the market Envato in the long term.
Trends go away, old projects lose their relevance, the market becomes uninteresting to the buyer.
Just a few words on the elements.
Of course, it is right to attract a new group of customers to the envato market.
But the advertising of the Elements on the Envato market pages looks like internal competition.
Did you meet Audi ads in auto shows and on Skoda or Volkswagen sites? Or advertising Lexus on the site Toyota? Maybe BMW advertising on Rolls Roils? Or Chevrolet advertising in the Cadilac?
I doubt it …
These are examples of how large corporations occupy different markets with different products without creating internal competition.

Everything that you do is similar to tactical actions with an increase in general indicators for the month.
Keeping authors interested in creating new content is a strategy for results for 3-5-10 years.

Based only on tactics - you can win the battle but lose the war.

55 Likes

You say that I am ready to vote for you in the presidential elections. :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

Hi @jamesgiroux

I just wanted to report that the category pages --> sort by trending is still not working. I have reported this here earlier and communicated with a developer through support yesterday. Still the bug have not been found/fixed.

The problem is that only top sellers with the blue trending icon and old irrelevant tracks from 2011-2012 area are turning up when you sort by trending.

Anyway, my point is just that I hope you take this into consideration when you look at the data from AudioJungle. I would assume this bug, which have been there at least the 2 last weeks, will influence all the test results from AudioJungle to some degree. So just something to keep in mind.

Looking forward to the end of this experiment and hope Envato got something out of it. Maybe some of the results will show that some markets are overfed with the old rigid best sellers?

7 Likes

+1

3 Likes

Top post on this topic, but it will fall on def ears! Salute!

6 Likes

@jamesgiroux
Is the test over?

1 Like

Dear Envato team!!! I think that immediately after the search experiment it would be better to temporarily prioritize the search for new items(for search queries) that have been downloaded recently, otherwise all the new works of the authors would be in vain … I think many will support me…

24 Likes

In a world of fashion and more with the technology that changes every day, they try to sell products from 5 or 6 years ago, which are only maintained and are not even updated. This experiment is like saying I want to try a square wheel. DISASTROUS

13 Likes

Can you imagine this tremendous amount of new items that will be uploaded after the announcement of the end of the experiment?
#GodSaveReviewers

10 Likes

They`ve announced review cancellation about a year ago… maybe the time has come…

2 Likes